The Lost Trio

Three men woke up in a cave.

The first man woke up and looked around examining his surroundings while he rubbed his neck.

The cave wasn't well lit but it was vast, large enough for a ship. The three of them were off by wall, near them was a podium with a goblet on it. The first man stood and walked over to the podium to examine the goblet. Rummaging in his pockets for any source of light. After reaching the podium he concluded he had none and looked at the goblet. It wasn't anything special he noted, just an average silver goblet, no runes or gems of any kind. Picking it up he examined the bottom of it, finding nothing he placed it back down and suddenly the cave was lit. Looking around in surprise he saw the other two stirring from the sudden light.

Unsure if they knew he was there he quickly looked at the podium wondering if he should hide behind it. As he turned towards it he heard a stirring, quickly turning back the second man had woken up and was standing. Far faster than he had too.

"Who are you?" He demanded

This question shocked the man for a second and he realized that he didn't know the answer himself. But not wishing to seem naive to this other man he barked back. "You don't need to know that. Who are you?"

The second man stood there looking at him almost with a look of sadness and he responded "I don't know...." The man trailed off with the last word then looked at the third man on the ground still.

As he stared down at the third man the second man gave him a nudge with his foot. The third man groaned a bit then rolled over and looked at the ceiling. "What do you want?" He said with a lackadaisical tone.

"Do you know who I am?" The second man asked pointing to himself as if the question didn't make it obvious.

"No, should I?"

"I guess not. Well who are you?"

The third man's face turned from listless to more. ponderous. "I'm not actually sure."

The first man decided to chime in, "So none of us know each other or himself."

They all looked down with remorse as this struck them.

After a silence the first one looked up and started looking around again. Hoping to see something now that there was light.

The cave was far bigger than he first thought, with far more in it as well.