We'll make it - A Brennifer fanfic

Hey, I decided to try out writing a Brenifer fanfiction, so here it is! Enjoy and please leave a comment. It gets better, I promise. I also promise is not as soapy and sad as the first chapter make it seem.

Summary: In the middle of the fight that ended all fights, something terrible happens to Jen, it may be too late to work things out. Ever. And only one thing can save her. Love.

ATTENTION: This is a work of fiction, none of this ever happened. Thank you

We'll make it

Chapter 1

By Érica

Driving through the nearly empty freeway, she shook her head in disbelief. Perhaps it had all been a dream, a nightmare to be honest. Soon she would wake up from her deep slumber, look to her side and be greeted by those gorgeous blue eyes.

Her cellphone began ringing loudly. She glanced over to her side and read “Brad s2”. Inside her mind, she debated whether or not to answer the incoming call. She would have to face him again someday, wouldn’t she? She took a deep breath and tapped the green button.

-What do you want? - She greeted impatiently.

- Tell you I love you- The sweet voice she secretly had longed to hear replied.

- Well, it didn’t seem like you did when you were making out with that cheap whore! – She shouted angrily.

- I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking.

-That’s what guys always say. I’m not stupid, Brad! You cheated on me; it probably wasn’t even the first time, was it? There’s no excuse for this. – She was trying to show strength but failed to do so and was now on the verge of tears.

- Jen, listen…

- No, Brad! I don’t listen! I’m sick of this! I saw you with that slut with my own eyes; it wasn’t page six or a tabloid for that matter! – She started sobbing loudly this time.

Hearing her familiar sobs, Brad intervened:

-Don’t cry, sweetie. Please don’t cry…

-Don’t you dare tell me what to do! You lost that right when you fucked her! It’s all over now! – She rudely exclaimed cutting him off.

 This time, he gave in and joined her in her cries. What a stupid mistake he had made. It felt wrong, his mind said so, but his body was asking for more. When it all started, he felt guilty and lonely. His fights with Jennifer had become each time more frequent, and at the same time, his costar was showing him some interest. Who wouldn’t? He was Brad Pitt after all. He knew those weren’t excuses to cheat, but it was the only way to make him feel better about what he was doing. The biggest mistake a man can make is to cheat on the woman he loves. He knew it now.

-Come on, Jen, we can work this out. We love each other. Don’t ever doubt I love you.

- I’ve never doubted you loved me. In fact, I believe that even after you cheated, you still love me. I’ve never doubted my love for you either. However, a relationship isn’t only about love, it’s also about trust, faith and commitment. That’s something we don’t have anymore. Hence, we shall not be together. - He listened to her attentively every word – Tomorrow evening, I’ll be passing by to get my stuff. Please don’t be home. – At this time they were both sobbing loudly but neither seemed to care about showing weakness. – Goodbye, Brad.

With those dry words, she quickly hung up before he could pronounce another word. Soon, she realized she was barely paying attention to the rode and almost hit a car. Agitated, she pulled over and as soon as the car stopped, she started screaming and hitting the steering wheel with her fists.

After a few long minutes, she decided to leave still crying. Then she remembered, she had nowhere to go and she didn’t want to go back home. Not that she thought Brad would be there, he was probably with the whore. The single thought of that made her heart freeze. That house brought too many memories for her to go back to.