Prelude: Hunger Strikes

The microwave buzzer goes off, and a bag of buttery popcorn is removed from the appliance. The bag is opened, popcorn dumped in a bowl, and melted butter is gently drizzled over the already movie theater level buttery popcorn. Salt is generously added to the bowl, along with a few shakes of brown sugar. This marks the finishing touches on Grace's God-Tier Popcorn, and the finished product is carried into the living room where a man is slouched across a couch watching TV. When he sees Grace walk in with the popcorn, he sits up and smiles. "You didn't dump a bunch of brown sugar on the popcorn again, did you?" The man asks.
"Of course I did, Josh, it makes the popcorn god-tier!" Grace quips back.
Grace plops down to the left of Josh of the couch, and as she slumped into the couch, the two heard a loud pop, almost like a soft, but sharp cracking sound. They looked at each other, unsure whether it was some wooden support in the couch or a stitch on Grace's tight pajamas. Grace's laugh broke the silence after the pop, and she shoveled some God-Tier popcorn into her mouth. Josh scoffed and turned up the TV.

Tonight on TV there was a special live airing of Willendorf's Summer Swimsuit Fashion Show. Willendorf is the country's top fashion designer, specifically in women's lingerie and swimsuits. Their clothing is considered top five, maybe top ten, in the country, but everyone knows the Willendorf brand is sexy. At least, that's what all American men think, including Josh. Grace is an intern, soon to be full-time design team member in the Willendorf marketing department. She's working everyday with these beautiful women posing in skimpy under garments, in pools, gyms, beaches, and once, even a mechanic shop. Grace knows what people in this world find sexy, and she exploits that in her design of her ads.

Grace keeps working on the popcorn while Josh makes comments about each bikini and the model wearing it. Grace doesn't notice it, but her tank top is starting to roll up her plump belly. She shoves her hand into the bowl for another fist of popcorn. The brown sugar gives the extra buttery and salty popcorn a sweet kick is desperately needed, and Grace couldn't help but eat it, her mouth watered with every bite. The bowl is resting on her lap, which hides from view the question of the crack from earlier. The stitching of the left inner thigh of her pajamas blew open a hole. "These women spend so much of their lives trying to looki