I've Got This... Mostly

Chicago, it turned out, was rather correctly called the Windy City. Perhaps you had chosen the worst day possible to go outside but you felt it would be easier to just blame it on the city. As you ducked inside the large building, you made a big deal out of straightening out your outfit and fixing your hair. Not that it was out of place, but you felt you should do it anyway.

From what you had remembered the place to be like, it was oddly different. Large and sprawling, filled with luxurious furniture and hold exquisite fish of all types. Overall, if it wasn't for the man who was standing in front of you, you would be sincerely enjoying the new layout.

"My dear (y/n), so nice of you to come so far out of your way," Lawrence Limburger greeted you in that ever smooth tone of his. "It has saved me quite the trip."

Your smile was forced, but not enough that it would be noticed. If anything, you probably looked mildly irritated which could be easily blamed on the weather. "Considering the deal you have been discussing with me, I hardly see a reason to inconvenience you."

Limburger grinned. "Ah, yes," he said. "That piece of land you hold in your possession is worth quite a bit to me. I'd be happy to take it off your hands."

"We'll need to discuss some things first," you warned him. "It's a relatively large area and there are a few ways that I could gain profit from it myself. I would hope that you have a convincing reason about why I should be selling it to you."

"Of course I do," Limburger told you. "Please, let us move this conversation to my office where we can discuss it in more detail."

You gave him a solemn nod and walked with him to the elevator. As the doors slid shut, you became hyper aware of the stench that was radiating from the man beside you. It took a great deal of effort to prevent your nose from wrinkling.

By the time the doors opened once again, you were struggling to maintain your breathing and barely stopped yourself from gasping in the semi-fresh air.

"Your tower certainly is impressive," you told him. "Especially due to what I heard recently about it being demolished?"

Limburger's smile became very strained and he answered through his teeth. "Yes. I decided that the best way to start remodeling was to work from the ground up. I'm such an indecisive person though. Occasionally I get bored with the way it looks and we knock it down to start again."

You raised an eyebrow. "It certainly is one way to get a brand new design done."

"Anyway," Limburger said, eager to change the topic. He gestured towards a chair in front of his desk. "Please, have a seat."

You sat down cautiously, placing your bag on your lap for ease of access. You waited until he sat down also to ask, "So, Mr. Limburger, what exactly do you plan on doing with the land should I sell to you. It isn't in the ideal spot for construction."

"Admittedly not," he said. "However I have recently come across some information about the area surrounding the land and how it is rich with certain minerals."

"There are some mines scattered around the area," you admitted. "But there's no guarantee that there's anything of worth on the land. It's a pretty large sum that you're offering me for the small chance of finding minerals of value."

Limburger gave you a grin that almost made you cringe. "It's a risk I'm more than willing to take. You see, I'm relatively sure that the mineral I desire will be readily available on your piece of property."

"You have definitely offered me a lot more than any others," you told him. "There's only one person who's come close to your price and they have included something else in the deal alongside the money aspect."