Chapter 1

Her perfume drifted on the wind, the sweet fragrance making it all the way to me. Her laugh echoed off the surrounding buildings, sounding like a chorus of bells.

    I sighed, content, as I observed her and her friend walking slowly down the street. The sunlight would be glaring in my eyes, as it is to her, if I hadn't brought shades.

    I shifted slightly from my perch atop the neighbor's roof, my shoes making sounds against the shingles. Stopping the movement, I looked to see if she had heard the obnoxious speaking coming from a rooftop.

    She must not have, as she was still talking to her friend. Her voice was like a warm blanket, soft and comforting.

    I wouldn't mind listening to her talk forever. It would be nice, though, if she were  talking directly to me. I'm not sure what I would have to do to get that, but for now, I was content with just staying in the shadows.

    I tightened my grip on the curve of the roof and yawned widely. It had been a long day, my work hours dragging on to the point that I was unsure if I would even get to see her today.

    That would not do, so I was relieved when I finally finished up and rushed over. She had not even left yet, at that time, which I was grateful for.

    I don't think I could even make it one day without seeing her.

    I only got to see her when she came outside. I would never go inside her house, or be a creep and look through the windows.

    No, I am not a creep. I just have a fixation, a want. My fixation is a certain brown eyed, blonde hair girl named Lana.

     Lana is my fixation, my want.

    She's my little weakness, my little secret.

    Lana is my obsession.