Story Of My Life.....He's A What....I'm What?..NO, You Can't Make Me....You Can?!?!? #4

"What? No that's not possible! I-I..... How? When? My mom? What? Me? Huh? You? No. Human....." I was becoming hysterical. I'm not human! No! It was hard to form coherent thoughts. I had to be human. Had to be! How could I not? No, no, no ,no, n-

"Shh. I'm sorry! This must be hard for you. I've have known about myself my whole life. I don't understand why your mother didn't know about herself or your father. I don't know why your father dated her or even let you live. I'm glad he did but it's against our law. Don't worry, though I won't, we won't let anything happen to you. Your pretty indestructible anyway though. I figured that out when you got hurt." Finally I formed an actual sentence. Or at least it was close to one.

"What happened? When I blacked out. In the woods. It hurt. You know." Okay maybe not complete sentences, but hey, baby steps!

"When you turned and saw me, you kept running forward and when you turned around you hit a tree. You broke the tree in half though. You were going pretty fast. More than hundred miles an hour at least." I started blushing as soon as he said 'a tree'. God! a tree! I can't believe I did something so stupid. I must have been going fast. Then a few more words he said registered in my mind 'broke it in half' he had said.

"How? The impact would've killed me. That's not possible! It's not! I am hum-/Ow!/" As I was saying this and processing some of it, I started hyper ventilating, which caused my ribs to feel like some one /dug/ a knife through my chest. Think about that pain and times it by two.

"Why does it hurt this bad." I said close to tears, then swallowed hard, I would not let myself cry again.

"Shh... Calm down breathe slowly. Just rest. I don't know but maybe we'll find out. Your going to be okay." He started saying softly to me. His voice calmed down my breathing. His voice sounded like honey, velvet, and silk, all mixed. It was so soft, so calming. /Be here when I wake up?/ I asked him through my thoughts.

Yes, /always./ He answered.

/Promise me. Say it. I won't believe you unless you say it./ I thought fiercely. I wanted answers when i woke.

/I promise you, on my life, I'll stay here, until you tell me to leave./ He answered. Is it possible to hear a voice such as sweet as his in your head? Yes it is. I believed him, somehow I was absolutely sure he wasn't lying. I wasn't just sure, I knew. I smiled up at him. Then closed my eyes letting myself succumb to sleep and let the blanket of exhaustion cover me and fell into my dreams.

***********************************************************

I woke with a start. My dream was........different. I was just talking to Xavier, and then he kissed me.

Not one of those short pecks, no a long heart-stopping-world-stops-spinning-no-longer-breathing-kiss.

Then he tapped me and told me to wake up. I didn't want to. I felt a need to be with him, be by his side. I needed him, in my life. The need was almost unbearable.

I had to be with him no matter what. I've never felt this before, I've never needed anyone but myself, but now I knew I needed him.

But when I opened my eyes the feeling, the need for him, was still there.

I turned on a light by the bed and was confused. I was in my room. Then the anger turned into anger. He /left!/ He brought me back. Why? I knew I was not crazy. I knew that I was with him. I knew it was him that brought me back. I just knew. Also I had evidence though. I could smell his scent in my room. Everywhere.Especially at the foot of my bed. I also smelt Xander. Mostly by my window, which was open, and door. I wasn't dreaming. I know that for a fact this time.