Chapter One: I'm a Red and Fragile Rose

My heart is pounding, my ears are ringing so loud I can't make sense of what everyone around me is saying. I'm sweating so much, I soon realise I'm not the only sticky one, I feel a clammy hand grab my wrist, "come on let's go now before the car park gets crowded!" I can't think straight, my head is spinning, the hand pulls me up off the floor where I'd been crouching and we start weaving through the hundreds of warm bodies. "Are you okay? You'll feel better when we get outside." My ears could finally comprehend the voice it's Kate, my best friend. I can barely walk, my feet and legs ache so much, I keep bumping into people but no one seems to care, I close my eyes, the only bit of strength I have left is being used to keep my fingers locked into Kate's, I plead with my grasp for her to find the exit, I'm too hot. I feel a cool breeze hit me and our hands break apart straight away, finally, cold air. "That was AMAZING!" Kate squealed "Did you see her wave at us oh my God!" She's so preoccupied with her excitement that she hasn't realised I'm sitting on the floor, my mouth is dry and it hurts too much stand. Some friends we'd met in line are walking towards Kate. "That was so worth the wait! She's so amazing live, I saw her waving at Avia!" said one of the older girls, I felt bad that she knew my name and I hadn't even bothered to ask her hers. The mention of my name seems to bring Kate back down to earth for a second. She whips her head around in an attempt to look for me, She scans the crowd before looking down at me slumped on the floor. She rushes over to me looking worried "Do you want to get some water? You look really hot!" She still has an element of excitement in her voice. I nod, I don't have the energy to speak. Kate can see my body is drained, she hooks my left arm around her neck and drags me to my feet really fast. As soon as my legs straighten I feel my head spin faster than before and I lose control of my eyes, they roll back into my head and everything falls black.

************************************************************************************************************

A pretty slow start but things will definitely pick up speed in the next chapter; thanks for reading don't forget to comment your thoughts!