before

Heather Sinclair had always hated living in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

She hated the small minded people, the mundane lives that the residents lived and the fact that out of the whole town population, her family was one of the six African Americans to call Hawkins home.

Of course most of the town weren't as racist as other parts of the world- or at least not to her families face - and she did surround herself with people who would look beyond her skin color but there were still those ignorant few who felt they were superior and felt like they had the right to act like they were better than her. But Heather didn't care what anybody - especially in Hawkins - thought of her.

She felt like she was better than that, that she was worth way too much to waste her time on pretentious assholes with bad breeding.

She felt she was destined for greater things, maybe Broadway or being a best-selling author.

Anything other than the 9-5 office job idea that was thrust onto her since she was 12.

She hated the suburban life which consisted of family dinners every night and the neighbours knowing each other so well that it was normal if they 'popped' over for five minutes which turned into five hours, inevitably ending in a friendly dinner where everyone knew each other so intimately it was borderline creepy.

That was what Hawkins liked to advertise, that everyone in town was 'family' and that somehow it was different to the other hundreds of small family towns in America and it was the perfect place to settle.

But heather didn't want small or intimate. Or even family-orientated.

She wanted excitement, adventure, to travel the world and consume as much knowledge as she could.

Maybe even fall in love along the way.

Little did she know her wish was going to come true when strange things start to occur in her small town.

Maybe Hawkins wasn't the best place to raise a family, with kids going missing and murders happening left and right, Heather finds herself right in the middle of the mystery that has shaken up in the town where nothing ever happens.

Along with her best friend Nancy and a peculiar boy who liked to hide behind his camera lens, the three have to uncover exactly what weird out of this world phenomenon has plagued their town.

A change is upon them, She just can't figure out whether that's a good or bad thing.

They always said to be careful of what you wish for.

Disclaimer, I don't own stranger things only my oc Heather. All rights go to Netflix. Don't copy my work or I will find you and I will kill you.

Herizen Guardiola as Heather Sinclair