Part I

37 year old Harry Potter wandered around the neighbourhood with his hands in his pockets to guard them from the cool autumn breeze. He still had the same round glasses and his hair was jut as messy as it ever was, though it was now flecked with grey, and the same lightning bolt scar still adorned his forehead. He walked, thinking about the conversation he had had with Albus Severus, and the origin of his fear of pigeons.

***************************
It was a sunny summer day in Little Winging. The trees rustled gently in the wind, and the pond in the park was glinting in the sun. Little Harry Potter sat on the picnic blanket alone, while his aunt, uncle, and cousin played on the swings. Since he was ordered 'not to move from that blanket,' he sat obediently, eating his sandwich, and watching a butterfly flying by a nearby bush. All was calm until a pigeon flew down from the tree.

Had this been a normal pigeon, there needn't had been any concern. However, this particular pigeon was three times as wide as your average one, but its head was too small for even an average bird. Its eyes were red and beady, popping out of its head. These feature gave the bird a demonic appearance, and frightened the young boy.

Now, Harry didn't want to upset his aunt and uncle again- last time he did he was locked the cupboard for a week.  So, doing his best to appease his relatives, he sat petrified in horror, staring at the demon pigeon, frozen mid-chew.

Before he had a chance to even react, the pigeon hopped onto the picnic blanket, and grabbed his sandwich right out of his hand. Harry was very hungry right now, this was his first meal in two days, since the Dursleys prohibited him from eating due to his behaviour. So, food was his number one priority at the moment, so, his fear of the Dursleys set aside, he began to chase after the bird.

It took only a moment before the Dursleys noticed him, and started yelling, but Harry was too focused on his sandwich. He was just inches away from his sandwich when the bird chomped on his finger, causing him to cry out.

"Cut out that blasted noise boy and get back here!" Uncle Vernon yelled, causing Harry to hang his head in shame, he had tried to be a good boy for them. When he had shown them his finger, hoping for a kiss to make it better, all he received was a sharp reprimand from his aunt.

Honestly, pigeons ruin everything, Harry thought.  They are terrifying creatures.

And that was how Harry got his fear of the pesky poultry pest, the pigeon.

A/N:  Alright, so that was kinda silly, right?  Anyways, let me know what you thought, if you saw any typos, and don't forget to comment, vote, and all of the good stuff. Seeing my device with a bunch of notifications honestly makes my day, so thanks!  😄. Also, Reader212344 is helping me out with a continuation of the Fremione story, so check that out, and I'll try to update that within two weeks. 

Until we next meet,

TheMightyBookworm