Prologue

It started over a hundred years ago. The King threw an announcement that we bring misfortunes to the Kingdom. A threat the everyone should fear. No one trusted us ever since. The King's man hunted us down too. We live in fear. Fear of the power of the King. Fear of our lives. Fear for our loved ones. Fear of daylight.

The King called us The Grim. Why are we so different from others? Because we carry talent that not everyone could carry. There were only a few people could handle the gift. Some others who couldn't, would fall into death. We have sign that showed to the world we are a Grim. There's always a scar above our right eyebrow. A scar that looked like a branch of a tree. Because when the gift started to come to us, it messed with our eyes first. We also had a longer life than normal people.

He spread rumours about us. He said that we don't have mercy. That we could kill someone for fun. Some even say that we would eat the organ of our victims. That we could manipulate things to trick people into our trap.

That were all lies.

The King made terrible lies about us because we were the reason he almost lost his title as King. And we were almost succeed. Untill we were ambushed by the King's army. Many were killed that day. A mother lost her child, a husband lost his wife, and children became orphans.

After the Great War, we lived in the shadows. Everyone would eyed us when we passed through them, accusing us. That was before the King decided move all of us to Froneast, a secluded area which is not decent for any living things. For years we live in misery. Nothing but a cry of a child every night, an empty stomach, and death had accompany us.

Years passed and not much had changed. There are new people who got thrown into Froneast because of their new growing talent. Some gone crazy or killed themselves before they got into Froneast, but there are some who manage their life. Crops were covering our land, water suply were enough for everyone. But the King would never want to see us have a prosperous life. But it was never a prosperous life either. He demanded us to pay tax for living in his land and for the generousity of sparing our lives.

After the King is dead, his son, prince Tyrell, took the throne. He was no better than his father. Even more sadistic when it comes to us.

Now I live under his rule. He was more brilliant than his father. The kingdom was much more prosperous under his rule. But behind all that, we suffered so much. The tax that was given by his father raised each year. When there was a big event coming up, King Tyrell would collect most people from Froneast and he would take some more money than usual.

The life we've had was no life at all. Our people were not as as strong as they were. We are weak now. Our people could easily die. Couldn't handle the way life had treated them. But for King Tyrell, death is way too merciful for us.

We worked untill all parts of our body is sore. Even when we are naturally hard workers we all have our limits. It's no new issue when one of us passed out on the field. Either because of lack of sleep, or hadn't eaten for a few days. Ironic to say that we were once a mighty clan above all people.

But there will be time when we will rise again.Become the mighty clan that we are. To be freed once more.