Prologue

Beau opened her eyes, she was laying down on a hard surface. Her body was covered in dirt and she could feel the cuts and bruises all over herself. She didn't recognize anything around her, it was way too dark to see anything basically. A cold shiver ran up her spine, she felt bare and hurt.

She dragged herself up on her feet. Her back was pressed against a cold wall behind her, she ran her fingers over it. They were made of big stones, also covered in dirt and branches. Slowly her eyes began to get used to the darkness around her, only to find out that she was in some kind of basement.

Her fingers made her way over her body, touching every single cut and bruise. Wincing every time she touched one, tears rolled down her cheeks. Beau shivered once again, the air was icy cold which made the hairs on her skin stand up straight. She was completely bare, nothing covered her body which made her feel weak and hurt.

Slowly she started figuring out what this place was, by touching the walls inch by inch. All she could feel were the branches coming from down her feet, the same branches went up the walls. There was one part in the corner of this place where she could just reach the top of the wall, where the branches went up and formed some kind of roof top.

Beau touched the branches above her head, she pulled but nothing moved above her. She wrapped her fingers around one of the bigger branches and hung on it with her entire weight. Yet again, it didn't move. "That's weird..." She mumbled in herself, you would think that these branches would break under her weight.

Her eyes were fixed on something behind the rooftop. Suddenly she saw a pair of big, glowing eyes. Immediately she let herself down, crawling backwards until she reached a wall.

The only thing she could see in front of her were the glowing eyes. It scared her. Beau wrapped her arms around herself, it felt like the temperature was dropping faster. She wasn't wearing anything what would keep her warm and there wasn't even an inch of fat on her body. How long am I here already? She completely lost track of time.

You could not deduce how long she was held captive. There was no light, she wasn't hungry and she wasn't tired for sure. Beau couldn't figure out how long she was inside this basement already.

Was it days? Or just a few hours? And what happened to my body? What was this place? There were so many questions running through her mind she didn't even notice that the glowing eyes were now inside this place.

Once she saw them again, she screamed. She screamed so loud that when the darkness hugged her body and there was a deadly silence left.