My Life As Trudy

''Trudy... Breakfast is ready.'' Mom hollered from downstairs.

I sat up slowly, and gazed at my alarm clock. 10:02 AM. Coming I thought. I tip - toed down the orange, carpeted stairs. The aroma of the food my mother made flew into my nostrils. Ahh.

I arrived at the kitchen door, and gave my eyes a quick rub.

Greasy, brown bacon and eggs as yellow as the Sun were lying down on the glass plate. A glass of orange juice at the right corner of my tray.

''I'm going to visit Aunt Liz this morning. She's gotta go to the hospital.'' My mother stated. Her long, blonde hair flowing down her back like a river.

As I took a large gulp of food, I announced '' Ok. I'll be going to the girl scouts meeting today. Cookie sales next week.''

Click clack, click clack. My mom's high heels hitting the hard, wooden floor. ''Bye hun,'' she blew a kiss.

-------------------------------------------------------

Brrrrr. I quickly snatched my towel off of the hook and wrapped it around my waist. It was summer, but the air conditioning was beyond cool. I ran across the hall to my bedroom and began to get dressed.

Ready I pondered as I straightened out my khaki skirt.

I ran downstairs, and towards the exit. BAM! The door shut behind me. 

Eyes... they were watching me. At least, that's what I felt. 

Suddenly, a warm hand came over my lips and the other grasping at my butt.

''Don't you say a word.'' A voice whispered in my ear.

To Be Continued...