Grocery Shopping

Clarke could barely resist the frustrated groan that threatened to escape her lips as Lexa stopped for the third time down the aisle. When her eyebrows creased that way, Clarke knew Lexa was thinking really hard—or doing math.

She had known it would be boring and tedious pushing the cart for her girlfriend, but Clarke had been ready to help in any way should could. Even after nearly a year living together, Lexa still wouldn't allow Clarke to help her shop for groceries. She had some weird compulsive need to do almost everything on her own. She also loved to save money and since she'd discovered the Target price comparison and discount app she'd gone a little crazy.

"Lexa, please don't do this again," Clarke finally groaned and leaned her forehead against the bar she used to push the cart.

Lexa was in the middle of pulling her smart phone out of her back pocket when she rolled her eyes at her girlfriend, "Clarke, you could have gone with Raven and Octavia. I could have done this on my own." She continued to unlock her phone and scan the salad dressing with the app. The fucking salad dressing, Clarke groaned out loud again.

The store was practically empty because it was seven o'clock on a Friday night. Clarke was certain they had received dirty looks from employees when Lexa had asked them if there were any unbruised bananas they could get. Lexa was crazy about her fruits.

Clarke let go of the cart and walked around so she was standing behind her slightly taller girlfriend. She slipped her arms around Lexa's waist and rested her chin on her shoulder, "I didn't go because I wanted to be with you."

Lexa sighed and turned her body so she could look at Clarke, "I know you think how I shop is weird, but it's worth it when you can save so much money and still get the good stuff. We both have student loans, you know."

With another groan, Clarke let go of Lexa, "Why couldn't we have done this tomorrow?"

"Because I have work tomorrow and it's your first day off of the night shift so I assumed you would want to rest the weekend away," Lexa finally put the avocado ranch dressing into the cart and cupped Clarke's face, kissing her nose lightly. "We're almost done, I promise."

They were definitely not almost done. Another thirty minutes past with them only adding maybe ten more items on the list Clarke had yet to get her hands on. Lexa wouldn't even let her cross things off. She's such a pain in the ass, she grumbled mentally.

Lexa stretched her body to reach something up on the top of one of the shelves and Clarke couldn't help but let her eyes wander. The tight pants Lexa was wearing really made her ass look good. Good thing she's my pain in the ass.

When Lexa turned back around, she noticed Clarke's expression. She always seemed to know what Clarke was thinking, especially when they were inappropriate ones. Lexa raised a teasing eyebrow at her, "Like what you see?"

Clarke only blushed slightly and nodded. "Yeah, and I'd like to see more if we could get out of here before midnight."

With an eye roll at Clarke's impatience, she put the item in the cart and continued on walking. Maybe with a little more sway in her step to draw Clarke's attention.

Finally, after nearly two hours of meticulous shopping, they were at the checkout. Not many people were there, only a few teens and college students loitering in the Starbucks. A couple of other, older people who looked like they belonged at Walmart stood in front of the couple as they unloaded their cart.

Clarke leaned over the cart as Lexa organized the groceries on the conveyer belt. She read through the headlining topics on the magazines before her eyes found the candy bars. Stepping closer, Clarke's hand reached out for the York peppermint patties but was slapped away.