[Losing] myself

~Kira's P

                                                                                         ~Kira's P.O.V~

      There I lay, in my lonely and cold room. I was only five when my HELL started. I was currently twelve. I could hear my parents fighting even though it was one in the morning. This was just normal to me. I kept my eyes closed hoping my father would forget about me tonight.

I knew I sounded selfish when I say that. It was almost as if I were saying 'I hope mom gets MY beating'. But I hate how he beats me and pushes me around so easily I wish I were more of a challenge. It is easy to say I am weak. A knock on my bedroom door woke me from my fake slumber. The door then suddenly slammed open. I knew my father was in the room now....

The next morning i woke up with new bruises and cuts i would need to bandage. 'Greeeeat can't wait for tonight' I thought sarcastically as i sadly chuckled to myself. I had gotten used to the pain. Hell, I enjoyed it. It gave me a satisfying rush. Every night was the same. Screaming, Hitting, Crying, and MY Sadistic Laughing at the pain. It was an eternal repetition. 

~Time skip to night brought to you by Artemis' morning voice~ 

Once again there I lay in my cold room. Something was off. The only scream I've heard tonight was my own when i got scared watching Hush. It was already two in the morning and my father wasn't home. I hate to admit it but I was worried for him.

3am:Nothing

4am:quiet

Then at five......it all happened so fast.

5am:"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"-gun shot-

5:09:"WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"-gun shot-

5:30:Police sirens, Ambulances, Forensics....

I stood there in the living room. Blood drops on my face and clothing. I was in shock. My father had shot my mother as she and i got ready, Her for work and I for school, when he had realized what he had done, he put the gun up to his head and pulled the trigger.

I WAS ALONE.

~Artemis' P.O.V~(this is rare)

Once again I was alone at home. Now, don't get me wrong i never complain about solitude. I actually love it. I get peace and quiet and a TON of alone time. Yet, sometimes , like right now, I miss my mother and father. They were always too busy with work to spend time with me. When they came home I would be asleep or too busy with school work.

My parents are lawyers. They always were focused on one or more cases at the time which gave them very little time. That also gave me too much freedom. Its not like i used my freedom anyways. I had no friends and people just thought of me as a brat just because i had a higher money status than them.

I didn't care who ignored me. Well....except for HER. She was a really fowl mouthed yet kind girl. Yet i could never seem to get her to notice I'm there. I have tried everything, from small notes in her locker to gifts like roses. Yet, my efforts always went unnoticed. I had no idea why I was so obsessed with the idea of her even saying my name for once. I think it's because she was like me. We were both alone. I was too shy to ever actually approach her. 'I just need an opportunity to get closer' I thought as I turned to the news.

"..The daughter of the couple, 15 year old Kira Noir, survived. If you know or are a family member of her's please contact the police department" the news reporter said a gloomy look on her beautiful features.

I grabbed my phone and contacted the police department.

Here's my chance.