Ch.1

"Would you hurry up? We're on a time limit!"

Carlos grunted his reply and continued to maneuver the pick into the lock. He was becoming increasingly frustrated. Usually this kind of thing took him seconds, like the top lock had been a piece of cake, but for some reason he couldn't pick this lock. And the more impatient he got the harder it became. So, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before releasing the tension bar and restarting.

"Ariana!" Shawn squeaked, which sounded funny coming from a six foot two muscular guy. "I told you not to take pictures because it links you to this night!"

"I look cute!" Ariana defended.

"Would you please-"

"Okay! don't get your panties in a twist!"

"Carlos, what is taking so long?" Shawn asked nervously as he looked over his shoulder to make sure nobody was around. He rubbed his palms against the front of his jeans to try and keep himself calm. Shawn never joined them when they're robbing a house but he had gotten tired of hearing his friends talk about the thrill of it all and decided to try it out. It wasn't really going well.

"Yeah, aren't you supposed to be a pro at this already?" Ariana taunted from where she leaned against the wall.

Zara stayed quiet, adjusting her black gloves, knowing Carlos would get the job done.

"Both of you shut up!" He snapped. "I got this." Carlos finessed the pick a few more times before he heard a click. He got up and turned to his partners, giving them a look as if to say 'I told you'.

Ariana rolled her eyes before she pushed him aside and opened the front door. Immediately the alarm went off causing Shawn to panic. He rushed passed his friends in order to get to the keypad to stop the alarm from sounding.

Carlos let out a little exasperated sigh at Shawn's worry. Sure he's usually waiting in the get away car, handling things from his computer or using other tech-y gadgets, so this part was all new to him but they've done this dozens of times and have yet to be caught. There's no need for him to be overly cautious. He shook his head and gestured for the girls to follow him inside the house.

"Shawn said there weren't any cameras in this place, right?" Zara asked as she surveyed the house just to make sure Shawn hadn't been wrong.

The house was a big two story Mediterranean styled mansion with six bedrooms and six bathrooms. It had formal living, dining, and family rooms and a kitchen that had a perfect view of the pool. The house was fully furnished with all white furniture and the walls were decorated with paintings that probably costed a fortune.

"Yeah," Carlos assured and ran up the steps to look for Mr. Johnson's, the owner of the house, home office. He had checked every room only to find that they were all bedrooms. He was about to go back down stairs the way he came up when he saw a door, that was slightly hidden, he didn't check earlier only because he thought it might have just been a hallway closet.

Carlos tried to open the door but it was locked. He fished inside his backpack until he came up with his lock picking kit. This time he was able to unlock the door within seconds. When he pushed the door open he saw there was a set of stairs and without hesitation he ran down them.

"Bingo," The Cuban boy said with a grin when he reached the last step and saw that he had ended up in the home office. He shot a quick text to his friends telling them where he was and how they could find him.

While he waited for his friends Carlos searched the entire place looking for the safe he knew was around. He looked behind all the paintings Mr. Johnson had hung on the walls because that's usually where the safe's were located but he came up empty. He searched all around the desk and still nothing. He even looked under the rug in case there was a trapped door but there wasn't.