The girl who could move things with her mind

"Welcome back everyone to another year at Sea Breeze High!" a voiced echoed through school halls.

As the halls get more congested as time passes, a petite looking figure pushing through people, passing through groups, as if she was late for her train, trying to get to a group of girls that had the eyes fixed on to her.

Meet Payton Adams.
She was in the 10th grade, a short young girl, with light brown hair and blue eyes, and always in a hurry.

"You're late!" The group of girls called out to her in a loud and collected voice.

"I know! I Know! I got up late, okay! , said Payton in a guilty voice.

"You're always late Adams", said one of the girls.

Before they could catch up, the bell rang. The girls quickly said their goodbyes and scurried off to their respective classes.

"Good Morning and welcome back " said a young women standing behind the teacher's deck.
" I am your new form based teacher, from today you shall report to me in the mornings, you can call me Ms Kate." She said with a warm friendly smile.

After all the introductions were complete the bell finally rang and Payton quickly dashed out of the classroom to meet up with the girls at their original spot by the sports field. As usual, she was the last one to get there. By then the girls were already having their lunch and talking about how they spent their holiday.

The girls were having so much fun that when the bell rang they were saddened and intensely hugged one another as if it was the last time seeing each other.

Payton quickly reached her half full classroom feeling the sense of accomplishment since for once she wasn't the last one to enter.
Just then a paper ball came out of no where flying towards her, Payton quickly covered her face with her hands and waited for the ball the hit her hands instead but it didn't, she moved her hands slowly away from her face and looked forward only to find that there was no paper coming towards her, for a moment she thought that she was hallucinating as she tilted her head down, she saw the same paper ball on her lap.

She was confused as to how did it get there when it never touched her hands and she didn't feel it fall on her. Before she could think any more about this, the bell rang, she quickly looked up and saw her friends were already at the door waiting for her.

Eventually they said their goodbyes and Payton decided to walk home to clear her head about what had happened.

Payton lived in a huge mansion that she had inherited from her late parents, she had a live in cook and nanny whom she considered her parents, as they were the ones who looked after her for years.

While on her way home she saw a little kid running across the road that had oncoming traffic, the driver that was coming towards the kid was so busy talking on the phone, that he didn't even notice the kid was on the road, Payton started running towards the kid but she was too far behind, she got so scared that she closed her eyes and screamed!

She then noticed that there was no crash sound or child screaming, so she slowly opened her eyes and saw something unbelievable. The car was already gone and the road was clear, but the kid was no where to be seen until she heard the child call from above, the kid was levitating in the air! She was so shocked that she put her hands on her head and the child move closer to her, she then realised that it was her who was levitating the kid, she then slowly moved her hands down, but the kid did not moved closer to the ground, she then took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to keep herself from breaking down, she then felt a warm hand hold hers, she slowly opened her eyes and saw the little boy was standing before her safe and unharmed.

She made sure he was okay and took him home safely, by the time she reached home it was already late and dark, she was so exhausted and yet could not sleep as she was only thinking about what happened about an hour ago, and wondered if what happened in school was her doing too.

//Please give feedback there is always room for improvement...Thanks 😀