Prologue {Jareth}

It had been six years since that day.

Six years since the young fourteen year old Sarah Williams had wished her young, screaming little brother away and beat the labyrinth.

It had also been six years since she had turned the goblin Kings's world upside down, indeed he had fallen deeply in love with the young maiden and swore his oath of love to her.
He had offered her a lifetime of happiness all he demanded was 'fear me, love me obey my every word and I shall be your slave' alas it was not enough for her to stay... She did not love him in return.
Six years... To the goblin king with out Sarah by his side it might as well have been six lifetimes, with each passing day underground he longed to see his... no she wasn't his, but he longed for her to be his and he longed to see her again, hold her once again as he did when he gave her the peach and she dreamed of the masquerade ball.

The king sat on his throne quietly as his goblin subjects celebrated another years passing since Sarah beat the labyrinth... Well after she beat Jareth and the labyrinth she became rather popular with goblins and the fae creatures which dwelled within the labyrinth. Each year the king would allow them to celebrate, but it only reminded him of her more and made the pain of loosing her worse.

He did try to fall for other fae women but non held that same fiery determination in which he saw within Sarah's heart. He made an oath of love to her, an unbreakable oath in which he must fulfill, but he realised that was impossible and would never be able to do so as she uttered the most damaging, powerful and heartbreaking words to him.

'Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered... I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the goblin city... For my will is as strong as yours... And my kingdom as great... You have no power over me'

As soon as she uttered those words she was freed from the hands of the labyrinth and the Goblin king and returned to the aboveground back home, with her little brother of course. Though he allowed a gateway to be open so she could still see her precious friends she had made within the labyrinth, even he wasn't that cruel of a king to make sure she never saw her new friends ever again. He also allowed her this pleasure as he didn't want her to forget the labyrinth, he didn't want her to think it all was a terrible dream. . . He wanted her to remember him.

Not that she would have find memories of him.

The king stood from his throne and kicked two goblins who were arguing over a chicken... He decided to retire to his chambers where he would find time to think over his thoughts and peace enough to try and see if he can catch a glimpse of Sarah once again... It was quite possibly the only way to see her now but after her eighteenth birthday he lost sight of her and was unable to see her, but still every day he tried, it was driving him mad. But he still remembers how she looked the very last time he was able to see her, she had of course grown into a fine maiden and of course a more than suitable Queen for a King. But she had fallen into despair after she found that her friends could not come across the barrier. The labyrinth itself had closed off the barrier, which was beyond Jareth's control, leaving Sarah alone.

Oh how he wished that she had stayed with him but it was inevitable, she was only 14 much too young for the goblin king and much too young for her to be a bride and queen. . . Yet he could not forget his oath.

"Blast that cured oath. . . Sarah I wish you would. . . I wish you cold return to me, but what is the point of wishing for anything. . . I have wished everyday for your return, but yet nothing has happened" His eyebrows drawn together as he tried to find an image of her within the crystal ball. . . He was unhappy, he knew that all she could do was wish for the goblin king but he also knew that she never would.

over the four year that he was able to observe her he discovered she was very much in the art of witchcraft and had decided that she would be a Witch of sorts, dealing with charms of crystals and herbs to attract a love or protect others from harm, telling people of their futures with methods of crystal balls and tarot cards. She had also provided herbals and remedies. Yes indeed she was a witch of a first class standard, though she was still young when Jareth had saw her through his crystals, he had hoped that she kept up the art and the traditions of the old world... aboveground they were a dying breed the keepers of the old ways, when fae and humans lived in harmony. But now only few carried on the traditions of the old ways and he admired Sarah for that.

He did indeed hope and pray that one day she would return to him, but after six years of patiently waiting and she still would not return, nor did Jareth catch any sign nor word that she would be.

In the meantime Jareth became a stronger ruler of his goblin domain both due to the fact after Sarah left the labyrinth he had become softer in some way but yet he still could be very cruel from time to time.

He even provided Sarah's friends with better jobs within the walls of the goblin city and the castle beyond that. Hoggle had been placed in charge of the kings private orchard and gardens and was to tend to the enchanted peach trees.

He had also placed Sir Didymus in charge of the goblin army as they were less than trained in the art of combat and Sir Didymus seemed to be the right man for the job, also with the help of Ludo they helped create one of the best goblin armies the Goblin King had ever seen.

Though Sarah's friends did disobey orders and all had helped her get through the labyrinth and he did threat to throw them all into the bog of eternal stench, he knew it was no point and if she did return it would not convince her that he was truly good enough for her but as he explained he was exhausted of living up to her expectations and yet he was still doing even though she was not around. But either way he still decided to put them into good use and hopefully out of more trouble.

Few runners have became champions of the labyrinth as they decided that they would forget the children they wished away or fail to save them... And few have had a King fall in love with them. Sarah was indeed a special girl... She was Jareth precious love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry i am indeed still alive i just haven't been writing for a while and I do apologize for being away for such long while I do hope my readers will still support me and my writing.

I have finally finished college now I am now longer in education and have a job so I am more than likely to be updating more often and hopefully have some if not all of the fan fictions that you guys have voted and added to your reading lists updated.