Home Sweet Home

I walked through the rushed hallways full of people. I wanted to go home. I want to see dad. He seems to be the only one who understands me nowadays.

I quickly left the building and started walking towards my house. 'Home sweet home' I thought to myself as I opened the door and headed inside.

Our house was small. One story with 2 bedrooms and a small living room. Cozy.

I threw my stuff onto the kitchen table and start to look for dad.

I turned a few times and finally exclaimed "Dad, I know you're here. You can't hide from me."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened them, a tall man filled my vision. His slick black hair and striking green eyes were so familiar.

"You're getting better at this every day," My father proudly stated, "Maybe one day we can do it together!" His face showed excitement, and a slight twang of hope. I had never been able to learn magic, like my dad and grandma, but my Father is holding on to the hope that my mortal side isn't too strong.

I want to be like my dad, but I'm scared. People already hate me because they're scared of my dad, and if I got his powers, I would be a social outcast. Everyone would avoid me more than they currently do.

I mean, there are some upsides to having Loki as a father. He's just as crazy as me, and we can relate a lot. People are scared of us. We're a unstoppable duo, who could totally take over the world if we wanted to, but dad said no world domination until after high school.

Dad's eyes lit up as he suddenly remembered something, "How was your first day as a 'Junior' as the mortals call it?" He took a seat at our small 'table for two' dining table.

"Don't remind me of that place. The people there are colder than Jotunheim." I sat down and drew circles on the table with my index finger.

 Dad looked at me with warm, caring eyes. "If they give you any trouble, just start muttering. They'll think you're casting a curse on them and run for their lives." He sighed, "Mortals are so predictable."

I let out a small laugh when I heard him say that, because we both know it's true. "Mortals will believe anything nowadays, won't they?"

Dad rolled his eyes, "Basically. They seriously believe all these lies about 'space'. They don't know anything. I have personally seen all of the realms, and they look nothing like these things they are teaching you."

My dad was the reason I was always failing Science. I believed all of his talks about the realms, and I refused to listen to anything about this so called 'Main Sequence' and other nonsense.

I looked over at our old clock on the beige walls. 6:30. 

"Hey, dad? I'm going to start dinner." I made something simple, and ate quickly. I still had homework to do. I walked into my room after grabbing my work, and got to it. At least, I started to. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I took it out and looked at the screen. 

~One Unread Message - Evelyn~

Why was Evelyn texting me? If I remember correctly, she was in Asgard with her father, Thor.

I quickly checked the message, and read it silently to myself.

"Maddi, You're not going to believe what I just heard!!!!!"

------------------------

Hey!

this is my first story on wattpad, so I'm really sorry if it's cringe-y . Please leave your feedback down in the comments so I know how to make this better. I'm not a very good author yet, but I hope to get there someday!

Thanks!!!