The man in the mirror

I looked at myself in the mirror, looking at all of my faults. Finding too many I looked away disgusted. I was the man with no face. I rubbed my colorless eyes in frustration.

I walked into my living room and sat down on my black leather couch, my cat beside me woke up and mewed tiredly. He was a beautiful cat, he had black short fur and a white spot around his left eye. I pet him absent mindedly and decided to turn on the television.

I searched the channels until I found a documentary on fast food restaurants and gave up looking. 

I suddenly got a forceful chill that shook my body and made me wince. I quickly looked around to see nothing but my normal living room. The soft light from my glass lamp showing nothing but normal, and 𝑚𝑒. 

I layed back and watched the show grabbing a dark purple fuzzy blanket. I wrapped it around me letting it warm my body. I settled down and was getting sleepy when I heard a loud knock from my basement. 

𝐵𝐴𝑁𝐺

I looked over in the direction of the basement my eyes widening with fear. My cat ran off upstairs hissing and spitting. 

I watched him go as he stared at me with narrowed eyes, his mouth curled back. 

I frowned as i went back to my tv show, fear gripping my body in the direction of the basement. My body trying to tell me to ignore it.

I suddenly heard a frustrated yell 

"𝐺𝐴𝐻𝐻!!"

My stomach dropped, as I looked over to see a faceless man facing me. Suddenly it dissapeared and its shadow went back down the steps.

I got up slowly and walked to the top of the steps leading down into the dark basement.

I stared down into the blackness with fear practically radiating off my body. I walked slowly down the stairs trying to make the least amount of noise as possible and flicked on the light switch only to let a small pathetic light barely light the room, its concrete walls surrounding me. 

I saw the man I saw earlier staring into a mirror saying things under his breath. Suddenly he stopped and rough spasms rocked his body until he melted away into shadow again. 

I looked around quickly to try to find him but could see nothing.

The pitiful light I had shut off, and the mirror glowed an eerie blue, drawing me towards it. As I went closer a hideous monster came into view, its disgusting face and body with chains locked all over it. 

It screamed in torture at me making me fall to my knee's, sobbing in fear. 

It laughed at me with its horrible voice and laughed and laughed and laughed until I had had enough.

I stood up shakily with a determined stone look on my face. I grabbed a sledgehammer by the mirror and brought it up ready to strike.

The creature kept laughing and calling me names.

I wound it up and slammed into the mirror sending glass flying everywhere. I couldn't stop, I just kept slamming blow after blow into the mirror until it was nothing but rubbish. 

I stared at the pile of what used to be a horrible being but now harmless shattered glass. I set the hammer down, exhausted. 

The lights flicked back on and the mirror, or what was left of it was gone.

I walked back upstairs not knowing what just happened. I went into my room and layed on my bed, feeling stronger then I ever did, I jumped out of bed. 

I ran up to my bathroom mirror and saw a a face, a handsome face with light brown silky hair, and eyes that were soft yet piercing all at once. I saw a powerful person that looked ready to take on the world.

"Hell yeah"

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬! -𝐓