Prologue

Prologue

Little Angela hesitated with her small fist in the air, reluctant to knock on the door. Her lip quivered as she brought her knuckles down against the hard fiberglass. A few moments later, she heard footsteps and then before she knew it, a tall figure was looming over her. She shrieked and stepped back, wishing her father had sent one of her older siblings instead. Her wings instantly sprouted out of her back and covered her, like a protective shield.

"Tsk. Children." The man glared at her, as if that was his way of telling her to continue or to get out of his sight.

"F-father wants you in the throne room immediately. You, Gabriyel and and S-sariel ." She continued to shake as she talked, as the man tried to comprehend what she just said.

"Why?" The scowl on his face didn't help Angela as she cowered back in fear.

"I-I don't know." She stammered and then vanished, a single white feather floating down onto the floor, where she once stood. The man still had a scowl on his face, as he continued to wonder what He wanted at this time of night. He put on his cloak, the hood of it covering his eyes, as he made his way down the dim lit corridor. He liked his hallway dark, no wonder why the kid was freaked. He smirked.

Don't be sadistic now...

He glanced down and was meet by Crimson's red eyes, the cat that roamed the halls at night but didn't seem to belong to anyone.

He scoffed as Crimson rubbed her head against his leg and purred, nudging his leg so he would acknowledge her. She hissed and darted into the shadows when he gently gave her a kick which meant to leave him alone.

He sighed and ran his hand along the wall, his hand completely engulfed in darkness as he felt himself become part of the shadows. The shadows gave him power, it made him stronger, and he let out a small laugh as he felt the power surge through his body like electricity. He shivered with ecstasy, and inhaled, and then exhaled deeply. The air reeked of smoke, death and sex, things you wouldn't know the smell to but when you've been around it your whole life, you know. He took a sharp right, heading down the stairs, the scenery drastically changing as he got to the floor where the Angels lived. Sariel rounded the corner, caught his eye, and sighed in annoyance. He was buttoning up his shirt as he made his way towards Azriel.

"What does He want that He had to interrupt... something important." A girl squealed with covers wrapped around her body as she dashed out of his room. Sariel grinned.

"Well I'm assuming He didn't interrupt anything important of yours, considering you don't have a sex life." Azriel grunted at Sariels obnoxious comment and continued walking, heading towards the other flight of steps that would lead to the main corridor. Sariel continued to talk, trying to initiate a conversation with Azriel, but he didn't know he was being tuned out, nor did he know that Azriel didn't care at all about what he had to say.

As they continued down the steps, the aura of the place instantly brightened, making him cringe with disgust. Cherubim flyed past as they did their jobs, zig zagging so they didn't bump into each other. They avoided going near him at all cost, considering that his bad energy would drain theirs.

"Im guessing we should wait for Gabriyel." Sariel muttered.

"There's no need." came a plangent voice from behind them.

"Speaking of the devil." It took Sariel a moment before he was grinning like an idiot at his own pun.

"Cover your eyes." Sariel reminded them. He opened the door and Azriel took a step back, bumping into Gabriyel. Only Angels could see His true form. Demons and Reapers are rarely invited into the throne room, and when they are, it's something serious.

His chuckle rang out into the room, bouncing against the walls. "You may look now."

They removed their arms from in front of their eyes and Azriel noticed a lot of Archangel and Dominions lining the perimeter. Apollyon sat on his throne, a sneer on his face.

"Son." Apollyon nodded and Sariel gave a curt one back.

"Father has selected you guys do this personal mission." Apollyon continued.

God?

Gabriyel stiffened.

"Remember Zachariel?" The Archangels in the room stilled at the mention of his name.

"Who could forget him?" Sariel replied.

"He had a two kids with a mortal woman."

A collective of gasp went around the room.

"Nephilims?" They muttered in utter disbelief.

Apollyon nodded. "The only two left in the world. And God wants them dead, gone, and destroyed."

"Shouldn't you do this then? You are the Angel of Destruction." Azriel sneered.

"Do not speak if you aren't spoken to before I scar your right eye just like your left." Apollyon threatened and Azriel snarled, glaring hard at Apollyon but staying silent.

"And how long do we have?" Asked Sariel and Apollyon sighed.

"You have until the end of the year or Father's sending you the the Infernal region."