Number 0 - The Old Life

'River wake up!'

'What?'

'We're late for battle.'

As for the old life the expectations weren't much. I was a senior in a private all-girls school, we had to wear uniforms, we would go to the gym together and there wasn't much contact out of it unless it was someone's birthday. But we kept it classy.

Janny had a secret boyfriend "no one" was suppose to know about, Ingrid was often bipolar and had current panic attacks (nothing special - she would say) and Phaedra (I know even she had troubles pronouncing it!) just pretended to have this goth vibe when really she was a dolphin enthusiast. As you can see we all kept secrets, we don't talk much now which just puts off a huge weight out of my shoulders, they would never understand my "Animal Crossing" rather sick obsession.

Yes, the old life was good enough not as thrilling though and very, very awkward. I used to have a dream work as a Disney Princess, there is actually a school for it you know? My parents wouldn't understand and they had my life entirely planned already. It made me angry like I was strapped to something, I didn't have an active social life yet I was looked at the girl everyone wanted to be. That revolted me. But then something magical happened.

I was in school when it all broke down. Apocalypse (isn't that what They call it?). It wasn't any 90210 kind of Apocalypse, the blonde didn't start dating the nerd and Simon Huggins did not come out of the closet. First there was the fire, then the running and then the thirty Precious invading the building. It was all very blurry but I could see some familiar faces being bitten and turned. And then I met George.

His blue eyes laid upon me and his dark hair was glued with sweat to his face. Back then I felt terrified now I just think it was the most beautiful I had ever seen him. Of course there were the scars and the greenish skin but who cares, I have that now. His teeth sure aren't perfect but so aren't mine. 

Back to the moment we met his hoarse voice he said to me.

'It's gonna hurt but it's for the good.'

It didn't hurt as much as cramps did and it was the most freeing feeling I had ever felt. I woke up hours (I'd say days but time doesn't really matter now) later feeling hungry, demoniac, mad and yet happy. I wasn't a Disney Princess anymore, I was the zombified witch, and that is even better.