NightScape: Dream to Despair

This dream in particular was one that had a certain impact on my childhood. I couldn't really look at children's cartoons the same anymore after this.

  It was a sunny clear day in my neighborhood, and I was walking over to my friend Jacob's house. As I went in his house, his parents said he was in the backyard. So I went out to the back, and Jacob was there, with a cannon of all things. I of course was shocked, and asked him "Why do you have a cannon?" He looked excited and said "I'm gonna blast myself all the way over to the fair!" He pointed his finger all the way north. I looked at him like he was crazy. "Are you out of your mind? Are you sure this will even work?!" He ignored me, lit the fuse on the cannon and hopped in. After a few short moments, he blasted off into the distance. I assume he made it to the fair, so I got curious and lit the fuse and jumped in myself. In no time at all, I was blasted all the way to the fair.
  This place had everything, the roller coasters, the Ferris wheel, cotton candy, all that good stuff. They even had this giant 100 foot statue of Tom the Cat from Tom and Jerry. I was blown away by all this cool stuff. But then...something happened. I remember walking into a laser tag area, and everything went silent. Nobody was around me, and I was completely alone. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, a giant blue hand grabbed me from out of the laser tag area. It was the giant Tom the Cat statue. Except this time, it didn't look like Tom. The statues' face had piercing glowing yellow eyes and a wide grin with sharp teeth. After seeing this, that's when I finally awoke. I could never look at Tom and Jerry the same way again.