I Was Too Foolish

My eyelids flick open and my body shoots up in a surge of urgency. I'm breathing very heavily so I take a moment to calm myself down. I turn over to my alarm clock, the numbers 12:00 are blinking furiously at me. Damn! Power went out! I hop up from my bed and run over to my cell phone, nine o'clock. Crap! I'm supposed to be at the diner now! Quickly I grab my uniform and slip it on. I snatch my purse and a hair brush and I speed out the door, attempting to brush my rat nest-like head of hair. As I jog down the street I messily put my hair up in a bun.

I rush through the doors and I'm greeted by my boss, Steve, uh Steve... first thing I'm gunna do when I leave this place is tell Steve off. I'm convinced he is the worst person alive. Once I actually saw him take candy from a baby...

"Isabel you're late, you know what that means, you have to stay after work and clean the bathrooms. NO PAY." He says to me in possibly the most douche baggy way possible. I feel like Taylor Swift's song Mean basically describes mine and Steve's relationship, one day I'll be off actually doing something where as he will perpetually be MEAN.

"Yes sir it won't happen again sir" I fake a smile.

"Won't happen again my ass" he whispers to himself as he walks away, uh, such a jackass. I head to the back and punch my time card. I tie on my apron and head out, stopping to talk to Krystal for a moment.

"Hey Krystal sorry I'm late, give me a rundown on my tables?"

"It's cool Isi, um let's see table 4 is just a sweet old couple, shouldn't bother you much. Table 7 is pretty chill except the one on the end there" she points to a man with greased down hair, ratty clothes and I'm pretty sure I can see cartoon stink lines radiating off of him. "Yeah he doesn't bathe, clearly. It smells like a dead cat was left in the trunk of a car in the middle of summer for 4 days. I suggest breathing through your mouth whenever going over there. And lastly, table 3, I've got one word for you, TEENAGERS. There's a whole lot of em over there, so expect some noise. And I can't say they are normal teens either, I've seen fries go up multiple peoples noses, including mine." She walks back to the kitchen, wiping her nose with a napkin. Here goes everything. First I head to the teens table.

Walking up to it I see five people, one very blonde girl, two very blonde boys, a brunette boy, and the last boy on the end is also a brunette but he has French fries in both his ears and up his nose. He is making, what I'm assuming to be, alien noises. I walk next to him and talk.

"Classy" I say sarcastically while looking at him.

"Well I sure think so!" he stretches his neck smiling.

"Anyway" I turn to the rest of the table, but mainly focus on the youngest looking blonde. He seems around my age, and he is very much 'my type' right now he is basically stuffing his face, I don't think he has noticed me. "Sorry I was a little late to work today, my name is Isabel, I will be your waitress for the rest of your meal." The young blondes head shoots up.

"Ichzuhbul?" he questions with his mouth full.

"Haha well yes that is the Venezuelan pronunciation." I say sarcastically. His face turns a light shade of red and he quickly swallows his food.

"It's a very pretty name" he says while looking at me.

"Ross, dude, stop staring, you're creeping her out." The 'non-alien' brunette calls, who I assume to be Ross, out.

"Rocky shut up!" Ross snaps back, I just sit there smiling at their little argument; I get little to no entertainment in this line of work. With that all the boys begin to talk loudly at each other, except for French fry boy who just sits there like a five year old yelling out "BLAH BLAH BLAH LOUD WORDS!!" I giggle at this the girl leans over to me and whispers

"Sorry about my brothers, you get used to it after a while. Can't take them anywhere." She chuckles.

"HEY!" I hear a yell behind me and I freeze, as does the table in front of me. I turn to see Steve... "Is there a problem here?" He asks sternly.

"No, no no no. Everything is fine over here" I frantically reply.

"Two strikes in one day, you better give these customers whatever they want, if one of these boys wants you to get on your knees, I'll expect you to do it." After that lecture he walks away. I have a disgusted look on my face, thinking about what he insinuated.

"You're going to let him talk to you like that?" the older blonde asks me.

"Yeah..." I sigh sadly

"Well I'm not!" Ross stands up quickly, but I swiftly lunge after him and push him down.

"No! I need this job!"

"But you shouldn't have to deal with a jerk like that!" he shouts.

"Well I also need a place to sleep other than a street so for now this is my life" I say

"There's got to be something els--wait!" The older blonde snaps his fingers "one of our techies just quit! Come work for us!"

"Riker that's a great idea!" The girl says.

"Well I try my best Rydel! Ratliff will you take those fries out already!" Ratliff holds his breath and shoots the French fries out from his nose and grabs the ones from his ears. He holds one out to Rydel.

"Still hungry Del?"

"Gross! Get that away from me!" She slaps it from him.

"So, Isabel, do you want to take us up on our offer?" Ross asks me, crossing his fingers. I think for a second then I take my apron off and throw it on the ground.

"HEY JACKASS!" I yell over to Steve, and he immediately turns around, that's right you know who I'm talking to, I continue yelling "SCREW YOU! YOU'RE THE NASTIEST PERSON I EVER LAID EYES ON, NO WONDER YOUR WIFE FILED FOR DIVORCE." that's right, hit him where it hurts. I still can't fathom how he got her to marry him in the first place " AND WE'VE SEEN HOW YOU WASH THE GLASSES MR. BLEACH WATER" a woman at the table next to him spits her diet coke all over his side, splashing his face as she throws the glass away from her, shattering It on the floor. "AND YES, WE ALL KNOW THAT'S A TOUPEE ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD AND-" I'm lifted up by my arms, I'm being taken out of the diner "AND HEY I'VE GOT A LOT MORE TO SAY, BUT I GUESS I GOTTA GO!" I scream as the door closes. I'm put down and I look over and see Rocky and Riker were the ones who carried me out, the others came with us. "What's the deal? I was just getting rolling!"

"We know" Riker begins.

"That's why we cut in, we figured you'd probably be dropping some F-bombs, and there are small children and old people in there" Rocky finishes.

"But good job" Ross congratulates me with a high-five.

------

Okay guys first chapter of my second book right here and no this is not the sequel to You Hypnotize Me, that's coming soon. If you guys read my imagines this may sound familiar because it is one of them that I did and I am essentially extending it :D the main character in this is @R5Lover101 go follow her. She will be running against me in the Wattys so check out her book I Guess Dreams Really Do Come True and see if you like it more than You Hypnotize Me ;) so sorry for this long AN you guys know I don't normally do them but it's the first chapter to a brand new book so I felt it was needed. Oh! And last be on the look out for a tragic FF I'm planning on writing, not really sure about it yet :D