How the "Reader's Choice" KIS Award Works

Introduction

(I step up to the podium and look upon the awesome crowd of Wattpad readers and writers of Mature Romance.)

Can we get a "WOO WOO!" (Tons of cheering as I stand at the podium)

You know what's awesome to a writer? 

Readers.

We can't get enough of you guys. Seriously. We love that you enjoy a good story, and feel like a million bucks when you read and enjoy ours. Romance readers come in different flavors. Some like their romance sweet, some like it steamy and some like it center of the sun melty hot! Regardless of the flavor, readers and supporters of mature romance are truly a commodity and should always have a voice!

This is the purpose for the Reader's Choice category in the KIS Awards. We want the readers to have a voice to select the author that impacted them the most. This award will allow mature romance readers to honor the authors who have made them laugh, cry, yell at the book and even made them feel a little funny in their underpants.  Like in any genre, a great Mature Romance author incites strong emotion from their writing. 

And a great writer deserves to be recognized.

How it Works

All qualified entries will automatically be nominated for the Reader's Choice Award. No need to do any thing additional.  If you followed all the instructions in "How the Enter the KIS Awards" section in the KIS Award book,  then just kick back...you're good.

Once voting opens (an announcement will be given), This book will contain all of the qualified authors, with their bio and submitted books. Each author will have their own "chapter" in this book. To vote, you'll just have to find the author's name and click the star icon to submit your vote. It's just like you do on your author's books when you really like the chapter :)!

Mature Romance Author with the most votes is awarded the Reader's Choice Award.

That's it! You can cast your vote for however many authors you like, but obviously it's one vote per author, so authors have a huge incentive to campaign for votes because an author can only get more votes by getting more people.  It's not like one reader can vote several times for one author.  This also keeps it fair.

So I'm a Reader's Choice nominee, what can I do to increase my chances?

The best thing you can do is to get the word out. It's gonna be really important to get your followers and supporters to vote for you in order to win. Here are some things you can do:

1. Let your followers know about the KIS Awards and that you're participating in the Reader's Choice Category. 

2. Tell your readers/followers about the book(s) you've entered and rally for them to vote and read.

3. Post on Twitter about the KIS Awards and that you need their vote for Reader's Choice.

4. Encourage your contacts and followers to add the KIS Awards Contest Book and the Reader's Choice Voting book, so it's easy for them to know when to vote.  They can also follow the KIS_Awards profile to be notified when voting opens.

5. Put a blurb on your profile or on your book asking them to vote for you in the KIS Awards.

Good Luck to all the contestants!