-000-

Disclaimer: I wish not to disgrace the Durarara fandom or Japanese culture. I am trying to look into everything I don't know about completely, however I am bound to make mistakes. Of course you can correct them, and I will fix them as best I can; however, please do not crucify me.

I am sure you would not do that, but as my first serious fic in a while, I wanted to put this out there.

Now for the real disclaimer!

This work is purely fan made. I own nothing mentioned in this story aside from the general plot and characters I have made (Eri, Noriko, Daisuke). Aside from the obvious relation to Durarara, any other relation to anything else is strictly coincidental. Any media I attach, I will do my best to cite, and will take it down immediately if the original artist desires.

Now, I'm sure you wouldn't, but please don't crucify me when I make mistakes.  I'll really try not to, but I'm only capable of so much. Thank you for understanding.

***

{000}- Prologue

I followed the mass of bodies flooding out the doors, textbooks clutched to my chest and eyes glued to my phone. Twenty minutes since my last plea for help and she still hasn't texted back! Eyebrows knitting together in frustration, I glanced up from my phone just in time to swerve out of somebody's way. Letting out strangled grunt of exasperation as I pushed open the doors, I practically stomped off of campus and around the corner.

The people around me glared daggers as I pushed through them, taking little care to keep out of people's way. Angrily I sent another text to Noriko.

|| Some best friend you are. Come on, you've gotta know a few psychologists or something! ||

Of course, when I didn't get an immediate response, I groaned and readjusted the stack of books in my arms. I looked around, letting my tense shoulders drop when I saw I was near a fountain. Making my way to an empty bench, I slid my books in my bag and sat.

Phone in hand, I watched the people pass me by carefully. There were plenty of kids in school uniforms, sticking together tightly in their designated groups. Girls with skirts pulled up far too high chased after boys in clothes the same uniforms- minus the skirts-, giggling all the while. Men in business suits yelled angrily at subordinates on the other end of the cell phone glued to their ear. Another man looked around the park frantically, clutching a bouquet of flowers tightly. I smiled, wondering if he was trying to woo a girl or win her back.

My phone vibrated in my hand, Noriko's name lighting up the screen. I flipped it open and bounced on the bench excitedly. "Ah! Noriko! Good to hear from ya!"

From the exaggerated sigh on her end, I could practically hear the annoyed flinch at my voice. Imagining her rubbing her temples, I grinned. "Eri, what did you just send me twenty seven texts about?"

"Oh, that? Well..." Taking a moment to stretch my back, I watched a noisy group of men not much older than me pass before I started talking. "We're doing this interview project in a class of mine and I was wondering if you knew any psychologists or something. I want to do mine on someone nobody's ever heard of before."

"Sorry, can't help you there."

"Eh?! You can't help me?" I cried out, shooting to my feet. "Some friend you are!"