Chapter 1

Hope you guys like it! Btw I just put random songs above because I don't know what else to put there.
****
Mia Matthews
July 1st, 2016

"Why haven't you been texting me?" I asked him
"I've Uhm been busy..."  He said "With?"
"Baby I've gotta tell you something."

I instantly thought to myself that he was flirting with other girls again. He does it all the time.

"My mom found out about us, and I have to.... Break up with you."

I read the message and turned off my iPod, I didn't turn it on again until I saw another text from Xander.

"I'm sorry, I didn't wanna do it. She said 13 is too young to be dating."

"How'd she find out?" I finally asked

"She took my phone and read a text from you when you called me baby."

So it was my fault... I told myself it was okay but while I was telling myself that tears were also running down my face. I finally got the courage to text him back, and I couldn't have found anything more pathetic to text him.

"No, no baby don't do this, please."  By this time tears where pouring down my face.

I texted my friend Sierra and apologized about a million times about making her 3rd wheel me and Xander throughout the school year. I told her about Xander.

Xander finally responded with, "I'm sorry"

I was angry so now I texted him angrily,"ugh I hate that you act so okay about this! Like you're not hurt! It's just like any other day for you!"

"YOU THINK THIS DOESNT HURT Me?!? I'm not only losing but I'm also hurting the best thing that ever happened to me!"

"I'd never break up with you if my parents found out about us! ...I guess that shows the difference between me and you."

"I said sorry!" He texted

"Oh great, I'm all better now."

We had never argued like this before, it'd usually be me mad at him or him mad at me. We'd never argued while we were both mad at each other...

"Don't do this," he said

"Well don't tell a girl you love her and then break up with her 2 weeks after... It's not the best feeling in the world."

"I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say that?"

"As many times as you'd like, I'm not forgiving you."

He texted me back but I wouldn't answer.

I just talked to Sierra looking for comfort. But I didn't get much.

She cheered about us breaking up which I predicted but the next thing she said to me couldn't have been worst timing,"Honestly Mia, my mom gave me a choice on whether or not I wanted to move schools. I said I wanted to move schools because 3rd wheeling you guys made me feel like shit."

So Im the reason she moved schools, and I was the reason Xander broke up with me....

The garage door opened and my sister was home from work (it was around 11:30 pm)

I went to go talk to her so I had someone to be with.

***
Xander Torres
Same night

I hate seeing her like this. I hate it when we argue. I hate it when she's sad. I hate it when I'm the reason she's sad.
***
Mia Matthews

My sister Alane walked in, my other sister didn't live with us anymore.

"Hey Mia... What's wrong?"

My eyes were probably blood shot red. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"Well come downstairs, I've also got something to tell you." Said Alane

We went downstairs into her room and she had a big smile on her face.

"So why are you so happy?" I managed to ask her.

"Well I got out of work early, like at 8, but mom didn't know so I went on a date with Nhan. We-"

"The Asian that's 2 years younger than you?"

"Yeah, him, anyways he put his arm around me and we kissed. Now tell me what happened to you." She said with an anxious look.

"Oh Uhm" I knew I was gonna start crying again. The kind of crying when you're crying so much that you can't even talk. Nothing but the sound of you crying out.

"Is it about Xander?" I nodded. "Did he break up with you?" I nodded and began to cry again.

After about 2 minutes of that I calmed my crying enough to tell her what happened.

When I finished she said,"Oh, well he didn't want to break up with you. Give it some time. He'll realize what he left behind."

I tried to tell her not to fill my head with hope but I was crying too hard again.

I went back upstairs to my room and opened Xander's text,"Stop it" He said.

"I guess the 'I'd do anything for you' has an expiration date huh? You do know that things will never be the same between us?" I said

"I thought we could still be friends..."

"No, I don't think I can do that." I couldn't.

"Why not? I don't wanna lose you as a friend too."

"Pretending with my family, I can do, but pretending with you would just hurt me even more."

"I don't know what to say..."

Then I remembered something. I hadn't called him babe in a while,"Wait, when did you mom find out?"

"About 2 days ago."

"Why'd you wait?"

"Because I wanted to be with you as long as possible."

"Ugh Why couldn't you have been a total shit head of a boyfriend so this would be easier"

"I can be mean to you if it helps" he said.

My heart shattered at those words. Before when we'd tell each other that we miss each other I'd tell him to be mean to me so I wouldn't miss him and he'd just say "why would I be mean to the girl I love?"

"Good bye Xander" I said and turned off my iPod.

I didn't sleep that whole night.
****
Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed it!