Rose {Johnkat}

Sitting at his computer, John ran his hands through his black hair. He was staring at a picture of Karkat scowling at the camera, one of his favorites. The boy found himself smiling at the familiar face and couldnt help but blush. For some time now, he had had a heart wrenching crush on his troll friend, which slowly increased every time they chatted. He turned on his Pesterchum and was surprised to see a message from the one and only.

carcinoGenetesist began pestering ectoBiologist at 5:34 PM

CG: HEY FUCKASS CAN WE TALK?

EB: yeah sure whats up

CG: WELL

CG: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD A HUGE CRUSH ON SOMEONE, BUT YOU DIDNT KNOW IF THEY LIKED YOU BACK?

John blushed bright red, not sure if out of love or anger. Who could Karkat be talking about? Was it Nepeta? Or maybe... what if it was Dave?! His best bro had been spending an awful lot of time with the troll, maybe Karkat had developed feelings for him. He took a deep breath and typed.

EB: well, i think that i would tell them how i feel?

CG: REALLY? ARE YOU 'SURE'? BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR LAST FUCKING CHANCE TO HELP ME HERE YOU NOOK-SNIFFER

EB: i mean yeah im pretty sure i would. who is it?

carcinoGenitisist ceased pestering ectoBiologist at 5:39 PM

John's heart sank. His sapphire blue eyes showed small tears as he closed his laptop and plopped on his bed. He took off his glasses and tossed them aside. Karkat really did have someone he loved. And it obviously wasn't John, I mean, he was the one giving the troll advice! Was is bad that he was jealous of someone he didn't even know? That his heart ached for someone who was nothing but vulgar to him all the time? He pulled his sheets about his head and lay there, letting it all sink in.

Karkat leaned back in his chair, hands on his face as he sighed. How was he going to tell John that he had red feelings for him? The troll thought about the humans eyes and how he could get lost in their blue optic depths. Getting up, he took the rose that he had been saving for John off of his desk and quickly ran out the door. He knew what he had to do.

Upon arriving at John's house, Karkat couldn't get an answer on the door. He was just about to leave when a red-eyed messy-haired boy answered the door, tears still brimming in his eyes. Immedietly he was worried, but he hid it. "Sup fuckass?",he asked nonchalantley, hiding the rose behind his back. John rubbed his face and looked to Karkat, confused for a moment. "Oh...hay. Weren't you going to confess to your love?" His voice was scratchy, as though he had been screaming. The wreck of boy walked back inside without an answer, so Karkat followed.

"Since when are you interested in my life?", he asked gruffly, though inside he was screaming to console John. Closing the door as to not to let the air out.

"...Since you asked for my advice...?", John lied, settling on his couch. His head hurt from crying and at this point, he didnt even care to take an advil. He looked at Karkat, same adorable horns, turtleneck and skinny jeans, and...huh? He wasn't sure if his vision was blurred from the tears, or the fact that he had thrown his glasses and broke them...but it seemed as though a smile played on Karkats lips. Instantly his face felt hot from blush and he looked away.

Karkats eyes widened as he saw how flushed John had gotten. He wasn't that red when he had walked in. Sitting down beside his crush, he tried to think of something to say but couldn't. His heart ached for his love and he just couldn't take it anymore! His face turning candy red, he grabbed Johns shoulders and pulled him in close, pressing his lips against John's gently.

Johns muscles tensed, eyes wide and his pupils small. He soon melted into the kiss, running his hands through Karkats hair. His blush deepened and they both had to break apart, needing air. Johns foggy sapphire gaze met Karkats and he stammered,"B-but i thought-"

"I have red feelings for you. Noone else.", Karkat confessed, looking away. Fishing the rose from behind him, he handed it to John who gladly took it. The boy didn't say anything for a long time, he only stared at the rose in his hands. To Karkats surprise, John threw his arms around his neck and whispered in his ear. "I love you Karkat."

"I love you to John. I love you to."