Never Turn Away

I stared at my watch and waited until my grandpa came to the train station. His train was supposed to be here an hour ago but when I asked the lady behind the counter what had happened she just frowned and shook her head. I should have known then that the train wasn't going to make it. That my grandpa wasn't doing to make it either. About a day later the accident was on the news, the enginer of the train was texting and took a turn to fast. He killed about 10 people including my grandpa. Luckily for my grandma she didn't make the train in time and it left without her. Almost a week later was the funeral mostly because that's when they found his body. It was pretty sad seeing my grandma cry like that. But... -

*********

It's been a month since the accident now. Schools been rough. Everyone knows about my grandpa since it was on the news. No one treats me the same anymore, no one trys to make me laugh or feel like I fit in. They all look an me and then quickly walk away because they don't know what to say to me. I'll give them a hint how about hi? All my friends that I thought were true friends left me after they heard about it. Said they don't wanna be ignored. Look at me, I'm being ignored and no one cares! How do they think that makes me feel?! It's like they never seen anyone's grandpa die before! It's like none of them have ever had anyone tell them that! It's like none of them care! And they don't they proved that to me a long time ago. All expect for my one actual true friend.... Ryder. He's the only one that actually cares the only one that attempts to make me laugh and smile and feel like I fit in. I don't fit in though, I never will. I just want to get school over with and live out my days feeling lonely with 16 dogs. (Yes, dogs, I don't like cats much). But when your ignored by everyone you start to ignore yourself.

"Hey, Al," Ryder said walking up to me.

You see, Al's my nickname that he always calls me. It's short for Alex. He says "Alex is a guy's name" Even though everybody knows it's both.

"Hi," I answered.

"Still bummed about life?" He asked frowning.

"Like always," I mumbled.

"What?" He replied raising an eyebrow and giving me a chance to change my answer.

"Nothing," I said.

"Hey, guess what!" He cheered.

"What?" I questioned.

"We're going to a party," He beamed.

"What makes you so sure I'll go?" I replied crossing my arms.

"Because, you don't have a choice. I didn't give you one," He smirked.

I glared at him and he just smiled innocently.

"Fine," I muttered.

"Yay," He replied cheerfully.

He started to walk away but I followed him.

"So, where is this party?" I questioned.

"You'll see," He answered still walking.

He was faster then me and taller so I had to run a little bit to catch up with him. Big mistake. I fell onto the floor causing everyone to look at me from the loud boom noise to make. Noticing it was me they all turned away execpt for Ryder.

"Are you ok?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah," I replied starting to get up.

He chuckled a little bit seeing how I just fell out of no where. That's me, always falling.