New To The Scene (chapter preview)

"So, when was your last relationship?" She asked me swirling her milkshake.

"Well." I chuckled rubbing the back of my head.

"Come on you can tell me." She smiled at me. "You look like you have all the ladies."

I smiled again nervously. I was surprised this date was going well, nevertheless we met up at all. 

"Last month." I said staring at my muffin. It was pink and fluffy.

"Oh, you get over them fast huh?"  She laughed.

"Not exactly." I said.

The truth was I still had feelings for her. We weren't communicating at the time, but I wanted too. After months of arguing and conflict, we decided , well I decided to give up on us.

"Well your're at this coffee date with me so I would think so. It's nothing wrong with carrying on."  

We decided to meet in a local coffee shop. It was quiet there. The atmosphere was relaxing, and we could simply talk and get to know one another.

We both laughed, then I looked away and fixed my eyes upon the jazz band.

"Are you okay?"  She reached and grabbed my hand.

I eased it away. 'Yeah! I'm fine."

"I'm sorry." She said to me. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"No, I'm really fine." I tried to assure myself as I pinched off a piece of my strawberry muffin. It was entirely too big and neon pink.

"We can talk about something else." She sat back in her chair.

"No, It's really okay." I sipped some warm milk. "I don't mind telling you about it. Just prepare yourself. " I paused. "It's a long story."

She pulled her chair by mine, and I began to tell her.

**ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY AND COMMENT FOR AN UPDATE ON "The Church Girl"**