one

believe it or not, sometimes destiny gets frustrated when bringing those who are meant for each other together. they can either get tangled with the wrong people and make it harder for the destined ones to meet each other, or even rarer, their red string of fate simply doesn't shorten.

and this is when destiny starts to resort to alternative methods rather than just the red string of fate. and destiny can be creative and maybe even a little pushy. with technology around, why would they not use that as opportunity? while they're at it, maybe mess with the string a bit?

————

"dang it, i accidentally deleted instagram instead of that weird stocks app." i groan, pressing on the icon for the app store. i impatiently wait for the screen to fully load so that i can click to the search section, but a particular app catches my eye. under the 'new apps we love' section, the first app is the red string. i glance towards the almost finished red scarf that i started knitting probably months ago then over to a small box filled to the brim with skeins of yarn.

"maybe a new knitting app?" i figure as i click on the icon. more info and pictures of knitting patterns pop up on my iphone screen and i notice that the app is free. seeing that there is no reviews on it yet, the app must be very new. so, i pressed on 'get' and downloaded the app to my phone because why not? i mean it's free.

surprisingly, it was able to fully download and install onto my phone in a matter of seconds, despite my terribly slow wifi. as soon as i opened the app, generic happy music came up along with animated cherry blossom petals flying around on my screen as the background and a small text box asking me to enter my full name.

wow, the developers must really like knitting.

i tap on the box and type in 'choi chaeyeon' before hitting go.

some dialogue pulls up, as if it was an otome game or when you accidentally run into an npc in pokemon and they challenge you to battle even though you just want to get to the other route.

???

whenever a human is born, they have a red string attached to their pinky.

intrigued, i keep on going, tapping on my screen with my index finger for more dialogue to show up.

???

this red string connects two humans together, sealing their fate.

???

over time, this string shortens and brings the two together, no matter how far apart they may be.

???

no human is able to see this red string, nor can they break it.

???

however, this method isn't always perfect and in rare cases, the string isn't able to shorten.

???

for these cases, it's up to destiny to bring the fated pair together.

the game switches to a black loading screen after that random heap of dialogue.

what is this? i thought it was supposed to be a knitting app, not a game. i press down on my home button, slightly annoyed, as i still need to re-download instagram. oddly enough, the app wouldn't exit out. even pressing the side button to make my phone go to sleep wouldn't work.

"wow. my phone is glitching. again." i sigh, repeatedly tapping on my phone screen with my thumb.

the black screen turns to white and more dialogue shows up.