Not Even The Beggining (Charlies P.O.V)

I apply my lipstick and look in the mirror. I'm standing in the middle of my new Willa Willa, Washington condo. My house mate who doubles as my best friend is getting dressed. My wavy auburn hair wisps out from the braid I contained it with, and the glasses that sit on my nose sparkle from the reflection of the light.
     "You ready?" My friend Riley asks from outside my door. I give her a small nod. Her vibrant pink, purple, and blue hair is tied up in a bun and her bubblegum lipstick brings out her pale skin.
     She's the more outgoing, the more Likable, and the more loud of us two. She wears the crop tops while I wear the sweaters. She wears neon colors while I wear dark greens and reds and purples. She likes to party while I like to stay home and listen to music or go out and sit in coffee shops. You could say I'm a bit more mellow.
     None of that mattered tonight though because we did have one thing in common, we are both fiercely passionate about Twenty Øne Piløts and this evening we'd be screaming along with Tyler Joseph and pumping our fists along with the beat of Josh Dun's drums. It would be magical.
We shuffle out of the house. I'm wearing a TØP sweatshirt, leggings, a plain gray beanie, and black Vans. Riley's wearing a Twenty Øne Piløts crop top that shows her pale stomach all the way up to her belly button. She's also wearing ripped acid washed jeans and some black suede ankle boots. Both of our outfits fit our personalities perfectly.
     I swiftly walk down the stairs leading down to the parking garage and sit down in my 1991 robins egg blue Nissan Figaro. I'm quickly followed by Riley who has the biggest grin on her face. Her every perfection is magnified with my blocky tortoise shell glasses.
    I turn the ignition and then we're off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*AT THE CONCERT*

We're inside the venue and we're about to sit down in our seats when a woman approaches us. I immediately recognize her as Josh's mom (momma dun). She smiles widely as we spot her.
"Good afternoon ladies!" she says happily. I smile at her and hold my hand out for her. She takes it and gives me a gentle shake. "I'm Josh's mom and I immediately noticed you when you walked in. I'd love to meet you fans better so I'm inviting you backstage after the concert. Hopefully you accept."
Both Riley and I are awestruck. My eyes are as big as saucers and I can feel the pounding of my heart inside my chest like a jackhammer. Before she has the chance to say anything else I nod my head quickly. "Thank you so much! We'd love to!" I say calmly. Her eyes light up and she then continues.
"Good. After the show just walk up to the side of the stage and show security these." She holds up two badges with the letters "V.I.P." On them. "Can I get your names? We'll put you on the meet and greet list." By now my heart is fully awake and doing a jig behind my ribs. I can feel my arms start to shake.
My throat is shut tight and once Riley catches on she steps beside me and says, "I'm Riley Abrams and my friend is Charlie Jacobson. You can also put CJ if you want, that's her nickname." I can tell that my big green eyes were frozen along with my body.
Momma Dun then replies with a chuckle and she sets her hand on my shoulder, "ok, thank you girls. Can't wait to see you! Oh, and also, we have two extra pit tickets so you're welcome to follow me down to them." And with that she turns around.
I turn to Riley and she's staring at me with a perfect toothy smile. I can feel the tears start to well up in my eyes. Before I know it I'm getting my wrist tugged on and I'm stumbling after Josh's mom. Riley is border line sprinting to get there. We're both laughing and crying joyfully at the same time. I kinda predicted there would be some crying involved so I wore waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Thank god!
Riley and I follow her down quite a few rows until we're in the pit. Momma Dun reaches back for Riley's hand so that we don't get separated. We squeeze through hundreds of people, occasionally getting yelled at. But then we reach our seats. I look up and we're only three rows away from the stage. I start crying harder than before and engross momma Dun in a hug. "Thank you so much." I whisper. She just hugs me back. Then, she leaves.
Since she's standing right next to me I entwine my fingers with my best friends. I can't believe that just happened.
I'm so captured in my own thoughts that I have no clue what was happening until I hear the crowd around me explode with screams. Before I know it Josh and Tyler are a few yards in front me. I open my mouth to scream but it blends in with those around me so it just sounds mute. I can feel the tears start to take my vision away again.
Tyler starts off with fairly local and goes on with a few more songs. A few times I touch Tyler's hand and i even hold his hand when he comes out on a giant hamster ball. The best part was when Josh comes out on a platform to play his drums in the pit. He's thrashing angrily at the drums and all his muscles flex with each bounce. I'm holding the side of his wooden platform when I instinctively scream, "JOSH!". As I yell his name he peers down at me with a smirk and winks. I melted. As that happened Riley put her arm around me excitedly and squeezed me almost as to say 'Oooh Charlie's gonna get some'.
Finally, the end of the show comes. I definitely didn't want it to end but I couldn't wait to meet my idols. After a while, people start grouping up and leaving in bunches until Riley and I are a few of the last people there. I can see Josh glance at me from backstage.
We wait for a security guard to come to the side of the stage and as we walk towards him my adrenaline builds up more and more. I can feel my heart racing again. He looks towards us and firms his stance while crossing his arms.
     He sees we have the passes but still asks our name. "Last names please?" He raises an eyebrow while he flips through his lists. I step up to speak and tell him. After a few moments he steps to the side and let's us through.
With every step my heart pounded a little harder. Realizing I had no clue where I was going I slid to a halt and pivoted on my heels. In a small quiet voice I said, "W..where exactly are we going?" He turns his head slightly and chuckles.
"Head across the stage and turn left at Josh's drum kit. The door should say 'meet and greet room'. It's hard not to miss." I nod with a shy smile and turn back around. I slowly walk to the right side of the stage, the anticipation makes my head throb. Finally I reach the end and see Josh's drum kit. I run my finger along the rim of the snare and quickly take a picture of it, then I scurry to the door, Riley just feet behind me.
I place my hand on the brass nob and inhale, then I twist it and push it open.