Chapter One

Hi. I'm Kayley. I'm pretty much a loner.  No friends. My best friend is music,  yes I know it's sad, but it does make me happy. Today is a new school which means new people. That's great because I just absolutely LOVE people. "Kayley, first day at your new school, let's go", my foster dad, Dave, yelled from downstairs. "I'm coming!", I yelled as I ran downstairs. On the drive to my new school I just stayed silent. I didn't feel the need to talk. "So how's everything?", Dave asked with a voice that made him seem interested. I just stayed silent. "okay, so excited for your first day?", he asked as he got to the parking lot of the school. I just looked at him and looked away and to my door. I opened it and left. Yes I know it's not right but seriously? The guy wants to come into my life as if he were my real dad. I won't say he's worse than my real dad because my real dad was a real jerk, always telling me rude things and making fun of me. If you don't know the feeling then lucky you. Dave is okay, but he still scares me. It's the way he looks at me, I just feel as if he- "Lost?" I heard and got out from being lost in my thoughts. Funny right? I was lost both in my thoughts and the school. "Um...kinda" I said in a low tone. "Where do you need to be?" I looked at him, muscular and he had on a 'Disturbed' shirt with some black pants and perfect hair. "Hello?" He said once again. "Oh, right. I'm supposed to go to Algebra room 113", he looked at me and smiled. "Hey that's my class." Oh my god! I have a class with him?! This is amazing, but still nerve racking. I don't want to see new people, I hate new people. "Cool. Let's go." We start walking towards the class and when we reach the door he stops me and says, "Let me get that for you." I smile and thank him as I enter. Well, here goes nothing. All eyes were glued to me, I hate this. I saw an empty desk so I started walking towards it and I felt a foot before my face hit the floor and everyone burst out laughing. My face turned extremely red. Even the teacher laughed. I just ran out of the class and walked towards the restroom to ball my eyes out. I hate this school! I hate myself! And I hate my life!