Chapter 1

A wicked smile crept upon her lips, her straight perfectly white teeth shown behind that oh so dark smile. I studied her movement and her posture yet nothing came about it except for disaster, pain, and misery.

I looked away, my eyes traveled along the skyline. Both her and I sat atop the hood of the car gazing at the neon lights of San Francisco.

Her hand brushed atop mine and her jet black curls blew back as the wind swept past us. A sigh left her mouth and I turned my attention back to her, "Why must things always come to this?" She asked.

Immediately my eyebrows caved downward pondering her question. "What do you mean?"

Her eyes dark and cold, I'd known her a few months now and was attached to her every word. I hung on breath for breath, it was exasperating yet joyful. My heart beat in my ears and my stomach fluttered every time she spoke yet, I couldn't help but shake the feeling of fear.

I gave her a small smile as she fell silent again, she turned her attention back to the city and my eyes captured all of what it could from a side view of her perfectly sculpted face.

While I had just wanted to have a "good time" only one time, it turned into two, three, four, and then I had found my self captivated and drowning in her every move.

"It's so beautiful." She spoke.

All I ever called her was she, there was no other name that I knew. She was what she was to me, and that was all she led me to believe. I was fine with that as long as I had her.

Little did I know I hadn't had her, in fact she had me. Within that pretty little head of her's stirred darkness, and within that darkness pure evil is what lied dormant.

It started with a dark past and had I known that the one time I wanted would turn into so many after I wouldn't have led myself down this path.

I turned my attention back to the city, the beauty that lied before me had not out done her one bit. Sad enough to say I wouldn't admit the destruction she was causing.

I couldn't have known at the time, and it was to late after I had finally understood she had betrayed my trust, my values, and my loyalty.

But even then I would remain loyal, even then if it was to give me one last moment with her. Even then. Love never dies, but dies the loved one.

She pulled her jacket around her tighter, her skirt lifting and falling with the wind. Her hair still blowing back and her face still as flawless as any other day.

To bad she couldn't hear me, nor could she see me. But I could see her, I would always remember, how could I not.

I looked over at her once again, she brought her hand up to her cheek wiping a tear away. "If only things didn't have to be this way. " She repeated.

I reached for her but pulled back knowing she wouldn't feel anything. She couldn't no matter how bad she wanted to, that's what had made it so bad yet so easy.