Prologue

Dev's P.O.V

*March 24, 2009*

I woke up hearing my mother screaming. I got up and opened my door.

"What rena? What happened? Where's Brook? Is Amir okay?" She yelled. After hearing that i ran out of my room.

"Mommy what's going on? Is Brook and Amir okay?" I asked. She looked at me with tears streaming down her face.

"Go wake up Kwentez and put on some shoes and get in the car." She yelled ignoring my question. I just did as said.

"Tez wake up something happened." I told him. By now I was crying and scared. We all got into the car and headed down dallas cherryville highway. The ride was quiet and filled with tension. Everybody was lost in there thoughts. Suddenly my mothers phone rang breaking the silence.

"H-hello" She sniffled. I was silent for a second. "WHAT?" she yelled into the phone as she swerved off the road a little. "NO NO NO NO. This can't be. We'll be there in ten minutes" she spoke into the phone.

"What happened moma" I asked nervous. I was scared of the answer i was going to get. I was scared of the outcome.

"They took her. They killed brook." She said. I broke down in the back seat. My favorite cousin. My rock. They done killed my cousin.

 They done killed my cousin

Yung's P.O.V

*August 31, 2010*

I woke to my phone ringing i looked at my phone seeing I had thirty missed calls. I call my cuzzin' sneak back.

"Yo' man wuzzam, ya heard me?" I asked

"They got him man, they got Mel." He replied

"Who got him?" I yelled through the phone

"Them young niggas on the corner. They shot him six times bruh." He said. I dropped the phone. This shit ain't right man. They done killed my brudda.

 They done killed my brudda