"Why is he bleeding?"
   "Because he's an idiot."
   "I didn't know that idiocy caused people to spontaneously start bleeding from the nose."
   "I think it's a new phenomenon."
   "I seriously cannot believe you Luka! We're in the middle of of a war that came out of nowhere and you think it's okay to punch people in the face!"
   "It isn't my fault Cassie!" Luka said sarcastically. "He ran into my fist..."he mumbled
   "I-I ran into your fist?!" Milky shouted at Luka, blood still running from his nose. "You have to be fu-"
   "Mickey! Drop it! This isn't the greatest place to start an argument."  Cassie states firmly. She turns to look at Luka, glaring slightly "Wipe that smug look off your face before I wipe it off for you. Good. Let's move."
                              ~*~
It all started in 1908, bombs rained from the ashen sky. Unknown warships crawled through the clouds. Who was this attacker? Why did they come? What did we do to deserve this? The year is now 2019 and the war still rages on; morbid, lizard-like humanoids with big, black eyes are the Hunters And we, the human race, are the Hunted.

Since as long as I can remember, my family and I have been on the run hoping to find a safe haven they call 'Bezophische', a hybrid of Russian words: 'Safe' and 'Haven'. Bezophische is in Russia... Somewhere. My mum was the first to go; a rogue shot her down, my dad broke down with grief, he went too soon after. For a while it was just my brother and against the world. Luka and I know what to do, dad always had a plan. We'll follow that through and hope for the best; getting there is our main priority but what we do when we get there hasn't been planned out yet. After three months on the road we picked up Mickey Conners. Each with our own faults: Luka has war-rage meaning he gets angry at the smallest of things- most of the time it's just Mickey trying to get a rise out of him. I have a cut running from my left eyebrow to the corner of my mouth. Mickey got shot in his leg gaining a limp. Luka blames Mickey about not getting out fast enough and Mickey blames Luka for stalling too long; those boys exasperate me!
                              ~*~
We're only a couple of miles away from Bezophische, or so the map says. It'll be a miracle if we get there alive, providing Mickey and Luka don't kill each other first.
   "Cassie when are we gonna stop?" Mickey moans.
   "As soon as we are far away from Turn Typa." Cassie replies.
   "Annndd when will that be?"
Luka, who was ahead of the line turns around and glares at Mickey behind him. "As long as it takes to be hidden. Do you want to be captured?!"
   "Of course he doesn't." Cassie chips in. "If he gets caught so do we." Cassie looks sternly towards Mickey on the floor and back up to Luka "However, we do need to treat our wounds before they get infected."
   "Yes! Give me five sister!" as Mickey raises his hand Cassie lifts her eyebrow.
   "No. Oh, and I'm not your sister."
   "What?! C'mon, don't leave me hanging... Luka?"
   "Not a chance." He says with a smirk. "We'll stop here for ten minutes."
Mickey sat on a rock next to Luka while Cassie checked his leg. "The bleeding has stopped and is healing well. Luka? Any injuries need checking?"
  "Nope, but let's check that cut out."
  "Fine, but quickly, you only have three minutes left."
Luka huffed "So precise. Hmm, it's healing well but it will scar."
   "Just another wound from a war."

In the distance a twig snaps, Mickey jumps up and pulls out his gun and Luka does the same. Another twig snaps in the opposite direction as loud screeching ring out around them. The Hunters can be seen from a distance, their heads perked up with glee. Cassie whips her head around, looking for an escape. "Run!" she whispers to the others. They take no time to heed her words before they bolt. Joyful shrieking sounds as the chase begins. They run for their lives down a slope, jumping over rocks as they go. Hunters appear in front with jaws wide as Luka halts before sharply turning right. Faces pale with fright, the trio run as more Hunters close their route. Suddenly, Mickey collapses into the gravel; what Luka shouts out is unknown to him, he only sees black. Luka and Cassie assemble around Mickey, protecting him as Hunters surround them.
   "Cassie?! Cassie, what do we do now?" Luka whispers
   "What is there to do?" she mutters.

---------
So that's it. I hope you enjoyed it, any criticism is welcome as long as it's kind and no one becomes a bitch :)

The Hunters And The HuntedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara