Hanging Out

Matrix tapped his fingers a little on the table in front of him - every inch of his skin poured out his nervousness and anticipation. He glanced around the room, staring intently at the clock. It ticked every moment or so. However, every tick seemed to be a little later than the last... It was almost as if time was slowing down. OK, now he knew he was useless at being patie-

"Matt, what are you doing?" a high voice chimed, throwing him out of his mind and causing him to jump a little from the seat he was on, "Are you worried your girlfriend isn't gonna come~?"

"Shut up Whizz!" he barked, a little too loudly, causing his dog to bound into the room with a yip. He skidded to a halt in front of his master, before rolling over into a clumsy heap of excited hound.

"So-rry..."

He laughed shyly, "Eh... it's alright... I'm just... y'know..." a deep rouge began to cover his face as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. His sister, watching this reaction, started to giggle; he grew all the more flustered because of it, "It- It's too complicated for you!"

She stifled another fit of laughter, "I probably know about what you mean better than you do!" She proceeded to turn around, her front facing to the door with her arms spread wide - "Oh, Cyclone! I love you soooo much! Let's kiss! Mwah~"

Matrix hid his reddened face into his hands, "I-Idiot..."

Suddenly, a cheerful knock sounded at the door. Three small, but loud, knocks against the wood of the door - just like his heartbeat. Worried, he bit his lip slightly. His sister ceased to call out, freezing as her hand came up to her mouth. She gave a large squeal as she ran to the door, "She's here! She's here! Cyclone's here!"

For a moment, Matrix panicked a little. He sprung out of his chair, smoothed his hair over a few times (resultantly messing it up more) and somewhat skipped to the door, grabbing onto the handle to steady himself before he opened it. Taking a deep breath, he turned the handle.

"Hiya!" The outside spilled in, dousing the room in a white light. Blocking a strip of it was her. Cyclone. She waved as she bounced from foot to foot, her hair tumbling across her shoulders like waterfalls caught in the sunlight. A hoodie draped across her form, catching the wisps of sunlight that streamed through the room.The casual shirt she wore hung loosely around her figure, contrasting sweetly with the flower crown she'd placed in her hair. Daisies. Who would've guessed any differently?

He stammered for a moment, caught off guard by how she looked, "Ah... h-hi."

"Cyclone!"

A voice was all that Matrix could take in as a blur dashed swiftly passed him and into the already prepared arms of Cyclone.

Cyclone laughed at her enthusiasm, ruffling her hair into a wild frenzy, "Hey, you! How' re ya doin'?"

"I'm great! I'm great now you're here!"

This seemed to make Cyclone laugh even more as she released the energised child back into her home. She followed in a few steps behind the whirling girl, regarding her awe-struck friend with a glance. Her arms gaped open as she waited for him to respond.

She sighed a little, "Don't leave me hanging, Matt."

He started, almost seeming to curse himself as he muttered an apology and leaned into her embrace. Slightly confused by the way his eyes shifted in their sockets, she didn't prolong the hug any longer than what she felt would be "uncomfortable" for him. He smiled a little awkwardly before letting her sit nestled amongst the sofas. Her eyes glowed from beneath her glasses as he came to join her on the opposite arm.

"So... um... how are you...?" he asked casually (although he sat up stiffly, definitely wondering what to say that would make him sound stupid).

She bobbed her head from side to side, "Yeah, I'm good. You?"