A Look into the Baby's Life

Her cries had not stopped that night. Nate groaned and put the pillow over his head as he tried to tune out the baby's cries. Maybe if that stupid stork had delivered a baby brother instead, he wouldn't have a screaming little girl trying to make his ears bleed.

The cries continued and Nate could not take it any longer. His parents were, obviously, really tired and we're sleeping like tombstones. So Nate decided to get up and went to the baby's room down the hall. He carefully opened the door and the cries grew louder.

"I asked for a baby brother, but no, storks messed it up and brought me a sister. Girls scream a lot..."

He closed the door behind him and carefully aproached the crib. He looked inside the see the baby wailing and crying non stop. She stopped briefly to look at Nate. She had grown a bit since she arrived home. He pink hair had grown a bit longer too. She swung her little arms towards him. Nate stepped back.

"No, I won't pick you up."

The baby, upon seeing that she was being ignored, started to cry again. Nate winced. "No, no, no! Don't cry..." He grabbed his head, not knowing what to do. He grabbed a stork plushie, her favorite, and tried to give it to her. "Here you go, that won't way, you won't bother me."

The baby pushed away the stork plushie and wailed again. Nate sighed. He gently placed her head over his hand and the other under her back. He took her and rocked her on his chest. The effects were almost imminent. The baby ceased her cries and smiled tiredly at Nate.

"You're... you're not so bad..." Nate smiled. "So you just wanted attention? Ok, then..."

The baby cooed at him as her eyes started to close

The baby cooed at him as her eyes started to close. She instantly fell asleep in her brother's arms. Nate smiled and quietly placed her back on the crib. He grabbed the stork plush and placed it at her side while covering her with a blanket. He kissed her forehead and smiled. "Now I can get some sleep. I love you, sis." He caressed her bright pink hair and then left back to his room.

He fell face first over his bed and fell asleep.

I just had to write about Nate and the baby. The movie didn't have so many moments with them. Review!