Finding Them

I smile at the picture of my adopted parents, my mother's young face and long brown hair is wrapped in a hug with my father's boyish grin behind her. They have raised me ever since I was a baby. I already knew they were not my parents since I was small, I never looked like them and they had weird smells. 

 Respecting my choice to leave their loving arms they provided me  with a apartment and a car so I can find my real parents. I have a new job at a clothing store in the mall called Lovelies. 

Now, I am in a abandoned warehouse. I walk across the dim second floor with beams of light peering through capturing the small dust particles in their floating prescence. 

The boards creak in a blood curdling manner as I cautiously pick my  way on the floor. I honestly hate this, the smells of old rubber and rusting iron fills my nose as I look around my surroundings. 

I tracked a important hint here in a abandoned Warehouse next to the livley woods. The only living thing here is me and rodents. I take a small step forward and hear a crack my entire body falls, I clasp both my hands on the floor as my feet dangle above the dark first floor. It is a deadly drop, If I fall I might as well give the Moon a visit. 

I struggle to hoist myself up and my hand gives out from my weight and only one hand clings to the floor.  Fear hits my stomach as I dangle helplessly.

Maybe if I swing my body to the left. I kick my legs left and right until my free hand grabs the ledge again. I muster all the strength that I have and hoist myself back onto the floor.  I crawl away from the hole and catch my breath.

Right when I thought that was the worst of it a small squeaky creak echoes throughout the warehouse. The smell of mid-prestige males wrap around my nose. One is around thirty the other I am guessing no older than thirty-five.

I hop up on my feet and sneak into the shadows quietly. The very presence of the males makes me weezy. The men's footsteps echo through the warehouse and up metal.

THE STEPS! my brain screams. "Aye, Harry! You smell that? Some young female is up in here." A male voice with a New Yorker's accent booms through the room sending a chill down my spine. I squat down in the shadows and move slowly to a dark and dusty corner.

"Nah, it might just be some homeless human." Another voice responds. "Nope, it's female....female wolf." The New Yorker retorted angrily.

His heavy footsteps boom up the steps and onto my floor. Another pair of feet, much lighter follows. I can see their shadows in the evening light. It is either now or never, I can either stay put or run to the side and cut down an old emergency exit only a few paces away.

Their shadows move towards my hiding spot cautiously. I shrink closer to the wall, I feel around the ground blindly around me. A cold and small object gets trapped in my grasp. I hold it up before my eyes and squint to see a type of bolt wrench.

I could throw it at one of them and make a run for it. I edge away from my dark corner and feel the males freeze in dead silence. I slowly stand up and edge very slowly into the light. A dark haired and very large man comes into veiw. I rear my hand holding the object back and throw.

The object hits the man in the back of his head only to make him cry out obscenities. I take my chance and dash out of the corner to th exit. The smell of anger and suprise fills the room like a stink bomb.

I throw open the rusted door and race down the unsteady and rusted fire escape stairs. The males feet are right behind me making the steps sway with their large booms. "You little Bitch! Come back here so we can skin you alive!" The other male I am guessing Harry hollers.

Only two flights down, my legs hurt from the stairs. My only option is to swing over the rail. With that in mind I grab the grimy metal rail and swing myself over it.

I land feet first on the floor and dash towards the door. The sounds of men panting turns into a mixture of grows and screaming metal. I shove the doors open and race through the open feild straight to the woods.

The males deep and vicious howls slices through the Spring air. I run in the deep dark woods, the smell of moist grass and plants fill my nose. I leap over a log and duck my head from snagging branches. I feel the males coming closer, their hot breath at me heels.

A scream escapees my lips and I run faster. I keep running, I am to caught up in trying not to get caught that I don't even shift into wolf form. The ground whizzes by under my feet, a opening is so close.

I run into the open feild only to find a cliff ten feet off of the ground above a ginormous lake. I turn around only to see the two wolves behind me crouching low to the ground.

Their amber eyes studying me intently figuring out when to strike me. The wolf to my right is grey and skinny with scars that are marked all over his fur while the other is brown and has missing fur patches.

If I run in the middle they can both kill me. If I run off the cliff I could drown. Which is better Moon? Being ripped to shreds and be potentially raped before being ripped to shreds or jumping off a cliff and drowning?

The wolves edge closer to me making me back up, I feel the cliffs edge under my left foot. Rocks and dirt crumble and fall, drowning it is. I jump backwards and fall, gravity pressuring me- I scream bloody murder.

The cold water welcomes me, ingulfing my lungs with sour water. I writhe helplessly in the murky water do air, my brain slowing down and becoming mush.  I push my feet downwards and weakly swim towards the surface. The light from the sun breaks through the surface giving me hope.

I crash through the surface of the murky and dark water. I steal big gulps of air into my burning legs and cough up the water. I paddle towards the muddy shore and crawl on my hands and knees out of the water.

"Holy shit, let's never do that again." I croak at myself. I slide myself on the mud and roll on my back to see the cliff from where I jumped from. The two wolves snarl at me from above. But then, the immediately stop and a look of panic crosses their muzzles.

And they run. I turn around and see a massive sized wolf as dark as a shadow with unusual eyes that are not amber but clear blue like a ocean. I then scream bloody murder.