Recall (Edited)

The day begins to set, the sun now hiding behind the view. Clouds, unfortunately, block the stars from twinkling in the blackened sky. The extra light from the stars would have been helpful, but the moon would have to do for you.

Nighttime was your preferred time to travel, when little to none was about and your shadow stayed hidden in the darkness. The quietness kept you calm and collected. The perfect atmosphere for you to use your powers without having to worry about someone seeing.

The water below you looked beautiful from the view in the plane window. You had never ridden in a plane before, so it was a surprise to see it land in front of your old hideout. You stood from your seat, looking out into the distance from the small window. The new Overwatch headquarters was visible from this height, but it looked like a rundown laboratory. The perfect disguise.

The robotic pilot informed you of the soon arrival and you opened the plane door. You glanced down at the ground below, your fear of heights you once had as a child no longer crawling through you. You let the wind comb in between your hair a moment longer, a grin resting upon your lips. Then you jumped.

The world seemed to slow down around you and it felt amazing. The crisp sea wind flowed around you, covering your body. The wind was driving into you, wanting to be controlled. It was like a mad frenzy of power just moving around trying to get your attention.

You focused as hard as you could and forced the wind to keep you still in the air. The wind reacted immediately and did exactly as you wanted it to. You used this new momentum to finish your journey down to Watchpoint Gibraltar.

When ground was finally close enough, you dropped to the ground with a small thud. A breath of relief left your lips and your body relaxed. As much as you loved gliding, it took an abundance of energy to stay airborne for so long. Right now it didn't matter, because you were incredibly eager to reach the base. Winston would be waiting for you there, and everyone else too.

Long lost memories of family from the past and more that have appeared through time.

The nervous voice in your head reminds you that you haven't seen them in over a decade. What would everyone think of you? You looked different now, most of your teenage looks wearing off. Your hair was a completely new style and your fashion choice had matured over the many years. However, your facial features haven't changed much.

You wondered what everyone must look like now. How much have they changed? You couldn't image anyone other what you remembered all the years ago. This was something you're going to have to get used to.

The newer members of Overwatch was another thing to consider. You were used to the original few, not the large group Winston had described to you. The tabloids and articles provided to you could only explain so much. So many new and different people who didn't know you existed until recently. You had only even met Winston about a few years before you left.

It was quite lucky that Winston picked up on your signal in the first place. He must have continued in his passion for technology advancement. It wasn't hard to tell he was shocked to finally find you. He called through the com system in the watch he gave you before you disappeared.

"(Y/N)!? You-You're alive!? This is fantastic!"

"Winston? Is...that you calling?"

"Yes! Aha! I can't believe it. After all these years, you're still with us (Y/N)."

You remember the conversation after that so vividly. Winston begging you to come home, you with silent tears running down your cheeks. You agreed to come to the Overwatch base quickly after the option was offered. Winston even sent transportation, cue the plane ride.

Even now, standing in front of the doors to Winston's lab, you wanted nothing but to see everyone again. To remember each face and reassure that they were never imagined. You wanted that comfort of being able to acknowledge the people you love in your life again.

Hopefully mentally prepared, you knocked on the metal door of the lab you roamed in as a child. You were very surprised to hear a woman's voice play overhead.

"Hello (Y/N). I am Athena, an A.I. system created by Winston. He has been waiting for your arrival. The others are unaware upon your request."

You take a small step back in surprise. Winston had mentioned the robotic intelligence briefly over the phone, but you hadn't expected that. A mistake on your part, considering the advancement of omnics in the world.

"Oh, hello Athena."

"Indeed. It's a pleasure to finally meet you (Y/N)."

The door moves upward to open, giving you complete access to the facility. The entire trip had felt like a surreal dream, or a deranged nightmare begging to be woken from. Something about the rustic sound of the door made everything feel real. Muffled conversations could be heard from the inside, which only deepened the nervous pit in your stomach.

You take a necessary deep breath, then make the first step through the door. Your shoes make a clicking noise against the ground that only you can hear. The voices get louder and the lights get brighter. There's a few distinct people you can already pick out from the crowd and it leaves your head spinning.

Then suddenly, you're standing below the archway into the room. People of all kinds are relaxing and conversing about, not noticing the new presence at first.

A head turns your way, a man sporting a cowboy getup that had been previously speaking with an apparent Japanese individual. The cowboy, who you connect as Jesse McCree from the provided tabloids of information, says something to the also recognized, Hanso Shimada, and then they're both looking at you.

It isn't long until the entire group is turned towards your position. Some are looking on in confusion, having never met you before, but others look like they've seen a ghost. Winston smiles softly before gesturing to you with a sweep of his hand.

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce (Y/N) (L/N)."

You're still at a lost for words when a man in a jacket with the number 76 walks forwards slowly. He removes his mask to reveal Jack Morrison and Ana Amari steps up with him to stand in front of you. She glances you over with her good eye, as if to check if it's actually you standing before her.

"Is it really you kid?" Jack asks in a surprising gentle tone.

"Of course it's me. Has it really been that long?"

It happens so suddenly but then you're laughing and sobbing into you hand as soon as you say it. You can't stop yourself from crying and the two parental figures embracing you don't make it any easier.

A few more individuals you recognize seem to break from their stupor and rush forward to join the hug. The remaining members express their confusion to Winston so he can explain.

Ana takes hold of your hands in one of hers while she wipes away your tears with the other.

"Welcome home darling."

[][][]

Okay, this is the intro to my new book. As the title says, it's a Overwatch one-shot book.

Requests can start here is anyone is interested in doing so. The way it works is that the same format of 'you' will be used for every one-shot. Some of the one-shots' could or could not affect another one-shots. It depends on the context of the chapter written.

This chapter has been edited since publication, so assume that others will have been changed also. I'm developing my skills as a writer and changing things I see needed.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.
Thanks so much for reading.

_StarryNightfall_