Daddy's Not Happy

Disclaimer: Suicide Squad, The Joker and Harley Quinn belong to DC Comics.

Daddy's Not Happy

"Skylar!"

I turned around and saw David walking toward me.

"Hey Dave," I said with a small smile.

"Everything alright?" He asked as he greeted me with a hug.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"It's Jessica again, isn't it?"

"Nah don't worry," I told him.

"You should tell your dad Skylar," David said.

"David you know how much I love my dad but seriously? He'll probably kill the entire cheerleading squad if I tell him."

"So?" he asked with an eyebrow raised and a smirk playing on his lips.

I laughed. "I'm supposed to be the psycho one you know?" I told him. "Anyway, I have to go to class now."

"Okay, I'll see you during lunch!" David said as I walked away.

My name is Skylar. I'm 17 years old and I'm a student at Gotham High. I'm... The daughter of Harley Quinn and the Joker. Nobody knows that except my best friend, David.

David is a toned and tall dark red haired and green eyed man. He's actually pretty handsome.He is really nice to me, always have been. I met him when I was 8 years old, in elementary school. He's never left me since then. Not even when I told him who my parents are. He really understands me and, even though I appreciate his ability to read me like a book, it pisses me off sometimes.

I have platinum blonde hair just like my mother and I have my father's gray/blue eyes. The irony is, I have the most badass parents in the world, and yet I'm just super super shy. I mean, I can get pissed off sometimes but only with David or my family. Only with people I know and trust.

At school, the popular girls - and I mean the cheerleaders - mock me. They say I'll never get what I want in life and people will take advantage of me. And so they started to do so. Every day, they come to me and ask for my money, or my lunch, or my make-up.

The problem is, I'll never get rid of them alone. And I can't tell my parents, they'll kill them and I'll have to move out of the country to ever hope and make friends. Ugh what am I saying? My father's known everywhere...

"Hey Slave," Jessica said as I walked to my classroom. She and her friends were walking my way. I groaned. "What? Not happy to see us?"

"Actually no, I'm not," I replied, trying to be brave for once.

Jessica's eyebrow twitched. "I'm sorry what?"

"I'm sick of you Jess!" I yelled, getting angry.

"When did you get so cocky?" Jessica asked.

"When you and your stupid friends started to get on my nerves."

By then, I was seeing red with anger and next thing I knew, Jessica had slapped me with all her strength. I put my hand on my reddening cheek and looked at her with wide eyes.

"There! Now you can see where your place is," Jessica said before leaving, her lapdogs on her heels.

I stood there, in the middle of the corridor, my hand still on my cheek and my eyes fixed to the ground. I could feel tears forming in my eyes and I quickly ran to the bathroom before they fall.