1

Written for a very close friend who was sick the last days. Love you. ♥

I also wanna thank everyone for reading and commenting. It means really much to me. :*

-----------------------------

It was dark outside. Dark and unusually cold as Slash almost ran down the small alley, checking his watch, while he looked for the small entry of the bakery he was searching. It was 7:51 pm. Barely nine minutes until they would close and damn he really needed to get there in time.

When he finall found it, he came to a halt just in front of the door, hands on his knees, breathing heavily, coughing. "Goddamn cigarettes!", he cursed quietly, but then quickly got himself together as he entered.

There were chairs on the tables, a young,  brunette woman already cleaning, but they weren't fully closed yet. She looked up, surprised, stopping in her movements.

"Uh...hey...can I still get something?"

He gave her his most charming grin. She just nodded, her lips slightly parted, staring. Then she shook her head, blushing heavily.

"I'm sorry...I'm just surprised. Sure you can. I haven't closed yet."

"Awesome!"

"So, what do you want?"

"A piece of chocolate cake."

"Uh, just that?"

"Yeah, just that."

"You want me to wrap it?"

"Yep. It should survive a car ride."

"Weren't you by feet?"

"Nah, just parked down the street there."

She looked there briefly, while wrapping some chocolate cake into paper. "That black one?"

He couldn't surpress a proud grin. "Yep. That Corvette."

"Awesome car."

"Oh, I know."

She smiled shyly, the cake already in hand, but somehow wasn't giving it to him. "That cake...uh...is...is it...for your...girlfriend or your...wife?"

Now Slash was blushing, as he stood there, both hands in his pockets. "Uh...kinda..."

She looked up."Kinda?"

And her hopeful gaze finally told him why exactly she was asking. "Uh, yes. Yes. It's for...my wife.", he was thanking god that Axl wasn't able to hear him calling him his wife, "she loves that stuff and she desperately needs it today."

She looked disappointed for a second, but then quickly got her composure back. "Oh...ok...is she pregnant?"

Slash stared at her for a second, desperately trying to not burst into laughing, but he couldn't surpress a weird sounding giggle, confusing her. "No...no...not pregnant...just sick with the flu or something."

"Oh, ok. My well wishings."

"Thanks. I'll tell her."

She finally handed him the cake then, searching in a list for the price, but Slash just gave her a twenty dollar bill. "Here, rest is for you. Thanks!", and he barely saw her staring unbelievably at the money, as he was already hurrying outside and over to his car. He still had to drive back to Malibu and all he wanted was to join Axl on the couch.

---

When he finally arrived he found Axl sleeping on the couch in sweatpants, wrapped in at least three blankets, the TV flickering without sound. Slash got out of his jacket and his shoes, sitting on the edge of the wide, white couch. There was a complete full glass of water, a full cup of tea and some absolutely untouched food on a plate on the table together with an half empty package of tylenol.