Chapter One: It's Eletric

© 2018 Wattpad user Astroid owns the copyright to this story. Any Copyright infringement is strictly against the law. If this story appears on any other site/account, please notify the author immediately. Thank you.

Dana held in her breath as her friend Marissa yanked on her corset.

"You know," Dana said, her voice strained. "I really don't like these themed days. What happened to just having ladies night? Or free lap dance night?"

Marissa gave one final pull to the corset and quickly tied it before regarding her friend with a look that was both fond and disapproving. "Yeah, those were the days. I just love free lap dance night," Marissa added, her sarcasm so dry that it was almost difficult to catch. 

Fortunately, Dana had grown familiar with her friend's unique nuances, and she huffed a laugh. "Okay, good point."

It was "Wild West Wednesday" at Golden Gentleman's Club and all the dancers had to dress up in flashy corsets. Despite the fact that the outfits were more than a little ridiculous, there was nothing quite like a stereotypical theme to draw people in. 

Dana took a deep breath to calm her growing nerves as she fixed her eye makeup. No matter how many times she had been onstage, she could never get rid of her ever-present stage fright. It was a secret she managed to hide from even Marissa: she was terrified right before her every performance. However, that fear caused a spike of adrenaline that drove her forward. And each time she stepped into the spotlight, she was reminded that she spent every night conquering her greatest fear. 

It made her feel unstoppable. 

Dana finished her makeup just in time for Stephanie, the stage supervisor, to enter the room. "Sweetheart, you look wonderful as always," she said briskly and without looking up from her clipboard.  "Now, go up there and kick some ass."

"I swear she's a robot," Marissa murmured to Dana when Stephanie was out of ear shot. "I've only ever heard her say variations of those two sentences." 

Dana laughed, happy to be able to release some tension. But as soon as she exited the changing room and headed for the stage, her nerves doubled in intensity. She shut her eyes tightly as she waited to be announced. The fast-beat song that was playing began to slow, and she heard Mike, the club's announcer, as he spoke through the speaker with great anticipation.

"And now, give it up and get it up for the naively naughty... Bambi!"

She plastered on a well-rehearsed, sly grin before stepping into view. As usual, the lights were so blindingly bright that she could successfully pretend there was no one else in the room. She moved towards the center pole, skimming the cold metal with her hands. 

As soon as she began to move her hips, her audiences' cheering rose to a clamor. The power of influence in her every movement sent a rush of euphoria through her body and her sly grin was no longer forced.

As she danced, she felt a pair of eyes on her. Of course, everyone was currently watching her, but not like these eyes were. Goosebumps surfaced on her exposed skin, her body's chemical reaction to her new sense of uneasiness. She turned around and tried her best to scope through the audience, changing her rehearsed dance to improvisation.

She had no such luck finding the owner of this burning gaze. Her movements lost their precision and her grin lost its conviction, but the audience barely seemed to notice that she was distracted. However, that one gaze had a sentience to it that Dana could feel. And it seemed to know its own effect on her.

As soon as the lights began to fade with her song, she saw him. 

He sat in one of the back tables, two empty glasses of beer in front of him. His eyes were trained on her, the intensity in them making her almost uncomfortable.