When You Don't Need Me

Beta: NekoEevee (Thanks again!)

2/23/19: ya'll this fic was made years back so it's pretty awful, apologizes for errors and such.

_________________

"H-hello! I-I'm Tsuna!" The shy little girl stuck out her hand for the raven to shake.

Reborn raised an unamused eyebrow, "Reborn." He took her hand anyway.

Tsuna beamed happily, "We can be friends!"

And thus, the start of a new found friendship (For Tsuna at least.)

xx

"Reborn! Catch Mr.Ball!" Tsuna called playfully as she bounced the ball towards a twitching Reborn.

Reborn growled at said ball, "I don't gave a fucks about Mr.Ball or whatever you named it."

So when the ball came towards Reborn, he did the most reasonable thing anyone would do....

......He promptly caught the ball and somehow managed to pop it.

Tsuna shrieked in horror, "NOOO! YOU KILLED MR.BALL!" She dropped to her knees and pointed at a smirking Reborn, "YOU MURDER!"

Reborn just scoffed and tossed the popped ball aside.

xx

Tsuna looked seriously at Reborn. "You know...."

Reborn looked back at Tsuna just as seriously. "Yes.."

Tsuna squinted her eyes at Reborn, "Your name....It sounds like..."

Reborn felt his breathing stop for a second, his heart speed increased. Did she know? Did she know about the horrible rumors that went around about him and his family? Did she find out his real name? Did she not want to be friends with him anymore? (Not that he would admit that they were friends.)

Tsuna smiled brightly at him. "Your name sounds like..." She paused for dramatic effect. "Reburn!"

Reborn mentally thanked every god out there as he watched Tsuna rant about how 'Reburn' sounded like his name.

"Can't say so much about yourself...Tuna." Reborn teased, he took pleasure in watching her face glow bright red.

xx

"You know Tsuna," Reborn started slowly, testing the reaction. "You've never told me about your family.."

Tsuna smiled sadly, her hands stopped mid way in making the flower crown. "I....Had a large family, they were all quite destructive and protective." Tsuna chuckles sadly, her flower crown half way done.

Reborn stroked the grass, keeping his gaze down. "Sibling's?"

"1 blood related, the other 7 were not blood but I loved them either way." Tsuna continued weaving flowers through the crown.

"Parents?"

Tsuna stopped for a second. "A beautiful mother, she was the most caring and wonderful one in the world."

Reborn hesitated for a second. "Father?" Tsuna gained a glazed look in her eyes, sunset turned slightly darker.

"A foolish father who cared more about work then family. A foolish father that left his daughter and wife alone for years."

Reborn winced slightly, he knew what It felt like to be without a father. "...Friends?"

Tsuna smiled bitterly, "My family were my only friends."