Chapter 1: Her Revelation, His Hope

"And so lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you"- ~Psalm 39:7~

'What a demon.... The mother died when she was born and now her father?' the shadowy black figures whispered ominously.

'No wonder, no wonder.... Look at her eyes, they are so ominous...'

'Yes... she is a demon dressed as a girl....'

Gasp.....

What a dream....

The sunlight crept inside the small room through the white curtains. A human curled under her sheets and like a snail coming out of the shell, came out of the sheets and looked up at the ceiling. Her dark eyes followed the roundabout motion of the ceiling fan and her small mouth produced a yawn. Getting up from her bed, her dainty feet touched the floor, and then the toes wrinkled in pain.

It was a horrible sight.

The feet were bruised and looked like a foot of ballerina trained for years and years; but it was only yesterday's bullying in the school, three girls standing over her delicate foot. She had treated her feet with bandages and ointment, but the pain wasn't budging. She looked at her hand, scraped, inflamed and bloody; it was squeezed beneath someone's feet. Her hand traced at her neck, her gorgeous black locks were brutally chopped off asymmetrically with garden scissors. Swallowing the pain, she went to her desk, and looked at a single letter, being displayed from a cutting of yellowed newspaper, 'L' written in cloister black.

'I promise, today will be a good day, L.... Wish me luck.'

She isn't an impressive person; I mean what kind of girl lets herself to be bullied like this? She was meek, passive and weak and she knew it, but she couldn't bring herself to hurt others. She was quiet soft-spoken and mellow, despite her name being 'Yu', written with the kanji 'Courage', and she was like a dam herself in the River of Tears in her life, 'Namikawa', river of tears.... Her surname was true to her life, her mother had died during her labour, and driven by that sorrow, her father became excessively abusive towards her own daughter and alcohol took his life when Yu was fourteen. His large endowment was the only benevolent thing he had ever done to Yu. She was now a High school Second Year, and her only hope was this letter: 'L'.

When the world was supporting Kira, the God of the new world, Yu stood alone. The death of her father and her mother made her believe that God was no good; he kills everyone regardless what they had done. Killing off criminals was another act he portrayed to cover up his tyranny; too much atheists were showing up, and God fears them more than ever.... That's what she had thought. To say clearly, that earned made her a severe target of bullying.

Huh.... What are you now; you think he can't see you from here?

Let's give her a good beating on behalf of Kira....

She had always thought if God is just, then why nobody stopped when her mother was dying, when her father beat her everyday... she just wanted someone who could do real justice....

It wasn't Kira... the God.... She didn't believe in God, it was L....

Whoever he was, he recognised Kira for his real self, as a murderer, and nothing more. She listened to news every day; she listened to the encrypted voice of this 'L', and became fascinated every day. He was correct to make assumptions and everything and he was silent and shadowy, not wanting to show his face, and that's how justice should be. Silent, economic and invisible..... If something is right then it needs no flash or glamour.