Chapter 1: Run

I was leaving again. The fourth kingdom I went to, and I was leaving again. My mother and father asked if anyone else would take me in to "raise and guide" me in their kingdoms.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Alexandrea or Lex for short. I have blonde hair that reaches just above my waist. I am an elf. And yes I am immortal. I am not your average elf either. Most of the time the elves that watch me want me it wear long flowing dresses and my hair down with a crown. I don't want to. I wear my hair in a long, loose french braid down the length of my back and pants with long flowy shirts. I am not an elf to be reckoned with.

Back to the present, I had, had enough of all the moving and constant judging. I was going to be leaving Middle Earth soon if I stayed with these elves. So I ran. I left the current kingdom I was in and ran. I grabbed my bow, sword, and some daggers. I quickly packed a bag full of food, water, and some clothes.

That night I snuck out of my room. Elves naturally have quite feet, so it wasn't a problem for me to sneak out. I easily maneuvered my way around all the guards and made it safely to the stables. I grabbed my horse, Marabel and took off into the words. Middle Earth is a scary place at night. I could hear the high pitch calls of the orcs and their wargs. It put me on a little bit of an edge.

************************************************************************************

It had been three days since I had left. I hadn't run into any orcs, goblins, or unwanted visitors yet. I was walking along the edge of Mirkwood when I heard a noise. I quickly reached behind my back and grabbed an arrow. I snapped around quickly, arrow and bow in hand. But the sight before me left me speechless. I stood staring at the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. I lowered my bow a little to show the creature I was not a threat. We stood staring at each other, nobody moving or making a sound. Just when I thought the creature couldn't be anymore irresistible, it spoke. Its voice was sweetness to my ears. It was soft, silky, and warm with a small hint of importance. "My name is Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood. What brings you to our borders?" I stood there and said nothing. No man has ever made me speechless before. That was my job. The man looked at me again and tilted his head to the side waiting impatiently.

"My name is Lex and I have no buisness wandering in your forest. I was just passing through." I replied still in a daze.

"Surely an elf like you should not be wandering these parts of Middle Earth alone. Please come inside my forest and let us offer you some food and a place to rest your head." The man spoke again, softer. You could still tell it was an order to come inside to make sure I truly meant no harm to them.

I looked at him again. If I stayed they could send me away. But one night to get clean, have a hot meal, and rest my head could surely do no harm. " I suppose I could stay for one night, but I must leave in the morning for I do not want to intrude." I said curtly.

He smiled and said "Quickly come with me, for we do not want to be out when the spiders return." I gave him a quick look of confusion before cautiously making my way towards him. He started to walk away and a followed.

I was able to get a better look at him too. He was taller for an elf, with long straight blond hair tied back with a braid. He walked quickly and quietly with determination. He looked back at me and asked "Why are you playing a that dagger Lex?" I looked up quickly. Liking the way my name rolled out of that perfect mouth of his.

"I don't trust you." I replied bluntly. He laughed and looked forward again.

We walked quickly and quietly through the forest of Mirkwood until we came across some some gates. Legolas whispered something to the gates and they opened. We walked into the kingdom and I was instantly worried that I had made the wrong choice. I looked up and saw a beautiful tower.

"This is where you will be staying tonight." Legolas said to me.

He lead me up a long flight of stairs and opened a door that I guessed lead to the room I would be staying in. He opened the door further and it took all I had in me to stop myself from gasping out. I front of me was a room that reminded me so much of why I loved the elves in the first place. The bed was made from the fur of a white bear. Birds and bugs flew in and out of the windows. Sunlight streamed in from the windows too. It was beautiful.

I looked to Legolas, "Thank you for lending me a helping hand when I most needed it. I will be forever grateful."

"It was nothing Lex. I couldn't just leave you out in the dark where the spiders and orcs could get you." Legolas replied.

I laughed a good hearty laugh. "Only a true gentleman would help someone like me."

"What do you mean someone like you?"

"I mean, I ran away from my family for a reason. You shouldn't have asked me to come into your kingdom. Destruction is sure to follow."

Legolas looked at me and said "I could care less about why you ran away and the dangers that follow you. You are an elf and I will help you no matter what the cost."

I looked away. "I should probably get settled in."

"Yea." Legolas turned away from me and slowly closed the door. I slowly sank to the floor. I could never stay here. I opened the door quickly and saw no one in the hall. I quickly closed the door and grabbed my backpack. I looked over to the dresser and saw some paper and a bowl of berries. I grabbed the bowl of berries and mashed them up. I saw some reeds over in the corner and grabbed one. I walked over to the paper and began to write...

Dear Legolas,

Thank you for the hospitality you have shown me. I will never forget it. I am sorry I cannot stay any longer, but I cannot bring destruction to you and your people. If I had hurt you in some way, i would never forgive myself. I know what I am doing is very cowardly, but it must be done. I will never forget the softness, silkiness, and warmth of your voice. Along with your beautiful blue eyes. They will haunt me forever. I hope you can forgive me and I hope our paths will cross again someday.

Goodbye,

Lex

I left the note on the dresser and jumped out of the widow. Not once looking over my shoulder. I ran through the woods of Mirkwood and finally reached the edge. I took one look over my shoulder and ran away from the woods.

**********************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Okay so this is my first story on Wattpad. I want all the feedback. Good or bad. I want to know what I can do to make this better. If any of you have any ideas please tell me. This coming week, I have Christmas vacation and I will be uploading soon! Please keep reading. I promise it will get better!!!!!!!

Lots of Love,

Olivia :)

P.S. I am sorry about all the grammar and spelling mistakes. I tried my best.