The Last Rose

"Guess who?" Mark snuck up from behind me and covered my

"Is it that cute guy from science" I said wanting to mess with him.

He spun me around and looked hurt. "What cute guy?"

I chuckled and kissed him. "I was kidding silly, happy aniversary.

  Mark looked relived and smiled "Thank goodness I thought i'd have to beat someone up, happy valintines day and aniversary." He pulled out a little box with a golden necklace in the shape of a heart. The back was engraved with our names and in tiny letters "to my world." Mark rushed back to his car and pulled out 13 roses. Twelve of the roses were real and the last one was fake. I took a look at the card attacted and it read "I will love you until the last rose dies."

My heart swelled with love and I planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "I love you Mark"

He leaned in and whispered to me "always and forever."

This is why I loved Mark, he would always be there for me and no matter what happened, he was there. We've been together for exactly three years and they've been the best three years of my life. Full of happy and sad times and he saved my life. I knew he was going to be the one for me the second I met him.

"Come on, after school lets go to the carnival, we could bring Roxie along." Mark smiled and walked me to class.

I beamed. "Of course I would love to go to the carnival with you and my best friend, what more could I ask for besides not having to go to class without my boyfriend." I gave him another kiss before a hand pulled me in class.

"Show a little less PDA please I would like to keep my breakfast down." As soon as she spoke I already knew who it was.

"Well if it isn't the fabulous Roxie Dove, how has my best friend been coping without me this morning." I joked as I took a seat next to her.

"Its been tough but maybe if you wern't making out with your boyfriend then we'd be having breakfast together like always." She said as she punched my arm.

"Ow." I rubbed my now bruised arm. Evem though Roxie dressed like she wouldn't get within five miles of anything gross, she's pretty tough.

"Remember it's our aniversary gurl, we're going to the carnival today and your coming with us."

She squirmed in her seat and gave me a sad look. "I don't mean this is a bad way but I always feel like a third wheel with you two together. Maybe you two should go together. It is your aniversary." This isn't the first time we've had this type of disscussion and I hated how she felt. We were all best friends and she keeps forgetting that.

"Oh no Roxie you are coming whether you like it or not, we've been over this and it doesn't feel any different with you around us. Just more fun."

She looked uneasy but knowing I wouldn't take no for an answer, she gave up. "Fine, i'll tag along."

I smiled at her defeat. "Good, now lets actually pay attention to whatever the teacher is saying."

The day couldn't have gone by any slower than it already was and I was positive time stayed still in E period. But finally the time came to go to the carnival.

"Let us set foot to the carnival!" We all screamed and skipped earning many stares from other people.

When we finally made it  to the carnival I made a point in wearing my new necklace and bringing one of the roses with me.

All of the rides were love related and decided to go on our favorite ride called "Kiss or Dare" which is where you and your partner stand on a giant platform and answer questions about each other. If you get three wrong then you get dropped down into a maze that you need to find your way out. Technically we have never actually been on the ride but we have heard many good reviews on it.

"I can't wait to go on with you, we are going to terminate this!" I was getting really excited probably because of the boring class day I had. We were waiting in line but I saw Roxie slowly stepping out of line. That's when I got an idea.

"Roxie could you hold my spot while I go and win you that stuffes unicorn." Every year she tries to win the stupid looking animal but loses each time.

She looked estatic but was wary. "I don't know maybe i'll go and chill out by the food court or-"

I yanked her arm to my spot and wiggled out to get the stuffed unicorn.

The game was pretty basic and I won the prize within minutes. After winning the game I made my way back to get in line only to relize Mark and Roxie, getting on the ride, together. What.

My blood started heating up but I mentally slapped myself. Why am I getting upset, we're all friends here. Its not like they would do anything sketchy, we've know each other for over ten years.

Mark saw me as he walked up the stairs to the ride. "Brittany, the operator forced us on because there were other people waiting." His voice was full of concern and it irritated me that he thinks i'd get jelous or something

"I don't care Mark i want you to have fun and i'll wait down here." My voice came out allot harsher than I intended but Mark didn't notice.

"Ok, see ya when I get back down." And with that he made his way to the top of the platform.

Turns out the game was pretty dumb and Mark and Roxie basically knew everything about each other. Aside from the fact they thought it would be fancy to hold hands, the two of them together looked genuinly happy.

The operator looked eager to have them lose so he wouldn't have to cough up any money. "Ok the last question is the most romantic moment you two have ever had together." Even I was curious to know what they had to say.

Mark looked at Roxie and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle and nod. "Ok well back in the fifth grade I saw her playing on the swingset and she tried to jump but fell flat on her face. Everyone laughed at her and I ran over to help her out."

At this point Mark spoke like he was talking to himself know. I searched his eyes to see any sense in lying or joking, but there wasn't anything like that. There was happiness from what I can see.

"I took her hand and bought her over towards a rock to try and clean up her cuts. I remember her asking me why I wasn't laughing like everyone else. I know exactly what I told her too." Mark turned to Roxie and leaned towards her. "I told her that, I wasn't like everyone else." Roxie couldn't break away from his gaze but the operator broke the stretching silence. "Ok, is this true Roxie?"

Roxie didn't speak at first, she seemed like she couldn't speak. "Yeah, um, yeah Mark i thought you forgot about that." They were both now on the jumbo screen seeing every detail of them made me sick.

Mark chuckled before running a hand through his chestnut hair. "Well you were one of my best friends and first crush." That earned an "awwwww" from the crowed watching. Roxie blushed a deep color red.

"So cute, well I think we all know they deserve the cash prize because they are like husband and wife." The operator pulled out a fat stack of cash and pulled two one hundred dollar bills from it. Suddenly things took a turn for the worst.

The operator thought of an evil idea. Since you two are the couple of the centry, how about we seal this cash deal with a kiss.

What.

Roxie looked around nervously until her eyes landed on me. I debated before I slightly nodded hiving her the okay to go with it.

Mark whispered something to Roxie who nodded and slid her hands around his neck. Mark leaned in and gave her a little peck on the lips. But as soon as their lips disconnected, they reconnected just as quickly. Mark pulled her closer to his body as they continued to make out.

***

MUST READ!!!!

Okay so I deleted the story cux it was wayyy to dramatic and it was goimg to fast anyway. So it will basically be the same but a few changes here and there. Other than that I will be updating more than usual cuz of winter break. Byee and love your sexy faces!

Stay Classy

-TRL