Abusive

My father is a good man. He was always a good man. To me, to Ruffis, to mama. He was nice. If I was good he would bring me a sucker back from the corner store after work. And he would bring Ruffis a bone. Every night before bed, He would read me a story that he said was about his childhood. He would hunt dragons and answer riddles from the grumpy old troll under the bridge. But sometimes, he wasn't home. Mama said he was at work. But, he always came home with more maple syrup. He repairs cars. Not maple syrup. He still was a good man. He loves us. Why, he even loved Ruffis, Even though he called him "dog" and not his real name, Ruffis. He would even share his sucker when he was finished for me to lick. But, He would cause us pain. Not an emotional kind of pain. But the kind of pain you get when you fall off the swings. Or scrape your leg on the rugged road... Mama said is was because of the maple syrup. Boy, he loved him some maple syrup. He would have it in the mornin, at work, at lunch, and with his chicken slick at dinner... It was weird to. He would be his jolly old self one minute. And the next mama would come out of her room crying. She had a lot of booboos too. Usually they'd show up a few hours after daddy and mama's talks in their room. After she started crying. He would hit mama, Ruffis too right infront of me. They would bleed. One day, After daddy got home from work mama asked why he was home so late. He hit her. Blood would slowly ooze out of her cheek as she fell to the floor in pain. I would always ask him why he did that... He wouldn't say anything. Just push me to the side. Which hurt too. I always cried after that. He also said dirty words mama told me "not to repeat". Mama was a real pretty woman. Short brown hair and light blue eyes. She had a small smile. It was like a little spark out of a burning fire. Peaceful and happy yet, small. She would wear pretty dresses too. Ones with polka dots and flowers. She always told to shut my mouth near daddy. One day, I didn't.