Her Eyes

"Bella!" I heard my name being called, but I was alone; well not exactly alone. The room I found myself in was unfamiliar, which confused me. How did I get here? What really frightnened me, though, was that before me lay a dead woman. She was beautiful, with full pink lips and gold hair cascading down past her shoulders. Her death only occured to me because she wasn't breathing. In trying to reach for my phone, I found I could not move. No matter how much I struggled my appendages were stuck in their positions. I resorted to yelling.

"Help, she's dead, help!" A door opened and a man came through, followed by two more. I deduced they were cops by the guns and badges. Not one of the three even acknowledged my presence, which was puzzling until one of them walked right through me. I gasped, which I figured they wouldnt hear. I was wrong. One of the men, taller and definitely more attractive than most of the cops I've seen, gazed over at me. His brows perked up, but just as he stood, I was sucked out.

Upon opening my eyes, there was a bright light blinding me.

"Hey, I've already had an eye surgery; I don't need another one!" The light disappeared and when my sight recovered past the dark spots in my vision I saw my friends huddled together, looking horrified. When they realized I was now conscious and safe, they came rushing to my side. It was actually pretty claustrophobic and I pushed my way through them, despite the man with the flashlight's insisting I stay put. I turned, wodering what was wrong with all of them. I was fine.

"Bella, you just had a seizure," Melanie uttered, teeth chattering either from fear or the cold. I looked her in the eyes, half-expecting this to be some joke, but she was serious. I swallowed as a burst of wind broke against my face, giving me goosbumps. I've never had a seizure before and I was pretty sure you don't dream during them. Where had I gone?