Nerf Wars (AKA The Hunger Games the Remake)

Hi, hope you enjoy. This is my first story on Wattpad so I'm learning how to do it properly (cue a whole new world from Aladdin). I've been wanting to write this for a while and finally have. Hopefully there will be more to come. I've done a general crush one because  I think they are cool and I saw that there weren't that many but most people have a crush at some point and hey a girl is allowed to dream, okay? I'm English so to fancy means to have a crush on/to like and you've been framed is a telly programme where people send in videos of peoples fail moments (e.g. hurting themselves or doing something stupid). This may or may not be what I want to happen with my crush. (;

P.S (C/N) = Crushes name, (C/Ln) = Crushes last name, (Y/N) = Your name and (Y/Ln)= Your last name.

You let out a breath you didn't know you'd been holding, your heart racing with excitement, as you pressed the post button on your Facebook page. This sent the message to all your friends saying 'Nerf gun war in the park closest to school on Friday at 10am, I'm thinking The Hunger Games but the PG version. Who wants to come'. However in your mind it was intended for one certain person.  You didn't know the significance of it then, but that one decision, that one muscle movement to press the post button, would completely alter your life.

~Time Skip to Friday (because Wattpad is a magical place where I am a lord of time)~

As you crunch through the crisp auburn tinged leaves that, coupled with the subtle chill in the air, truly signify the passing of summer, you look at your black lace up combat boots

As you crunch through the crisp auburn tinged leaves that, coupled with the subtle chill in the air, truly signify the passing of summer, you look at your black lace up combat boots. Subconsciously you lightly brush your charcoal coloured, zip detailed jeans and smooth down your new York printed t-shirt as you tie your galaxy print hoodie around your waist. You were pleased with your outfit choice as it was cute but casual. To the normal eye it seemed an easy throw on outfit however your disaster zone of a bedroom begged to differ.

For a moment you surveyed the park with the playground situated in the top right hand corner, then your face broke into a grin as you spotted your friends clustered around the swings. Your smile got even big however when you spotted a familiar face looking at you, the face that you couldn't seem to get out of your mind, with a smug smirk on his face. You couldn't decide which you wanted to do more: slap it off of his face or kiss it off of his face.

You tried to ignore him as you all agreed on the rules and handed out the nurf guns. However you kept sneaking glances at him to which he'd quickly look in the other direction whilst trying to conceal a smile. It was driving you insane! Luckily though at that moment your friend nudged you just as the girls and boys separated into different teams, as it would be you and your friends against (C/n) and his friends.

You all started hurling insults and threats at each other as someone began the countdown.

"20"

 (C/n) shouted "Good luck (Y/Ln) you're gonna need it"

"15"

 You scoffed " Is that a threat or promise"