You dont.

Well, I'm writing this today because I have This amazing friend who thinks they need someone to be happy. But what people don't understand is that you don't need someone to be happy, 

"you have to love yourself before you love anyone else"  ~ Unknown.

So what I'm trying to say it, you don't need someone to be happy, you can live such a happy life with out someone. Don't put that negative thought in your head, because it will mess you up so bad.  I've got told "You don't know what it's like to be alone" So, you think I've never been alone? My entire life till last year I've been alone. But before that, I was so freaking happy, I didn't have to worry about no one but myself, so don't drag yourself down  just because you think you need someone to make you happy, but what if they don't make you happy? What if they just make everything worse? What happened then? You have to love yourself first, always put yourself first. Yeah that might seem selfish but your health is so important and "love" will rip it apart if you can't find someone who can help you love yourself. Don't worry if you've been alone for awhile because everyone in this world has there "one" who they will marry and have kids with.